51

Darien's POV

"Are you nervous?"

"Yes. And excited at the same time. I feel like my heart is about to explode right infront of everyone."

My heart was pounding, my palms and toes were clammy. I'd always knew that this was how I was going to feel at my wedding.

We rehearsed everything two nights ago where we both exchanged our vows to make the ceremony short but it still felt like I didn't know what I was doing.

I was jittery, more or less jumpy.

It'd been five months of shrilling excitement and frustration partly from my side and K's since we couldn't decide on the ideas our wedding planners; my mom and Macy, laid out for us.

It was one hell of a ride. From the designs of our attires, shoe fitting, cake tasting to the decor of our reception. It wasn't easy. The only thing we did separately was our rings.

We both agreed to choose them for each other which was fun by the way.

We had a little something engraved on the inside and I love it! Our ring bearer, Keisha, was sitting at the front row  wiggling her legs as she continued to wave at me.

It's funny though how I've always dreamed, fantasized this day, and it was finally coming to pass. She will be twenty-five next summer and I'll be twenty-six. This was the dream.

Our families including K's huge family were all in the auditorium dressed in their colourful rich fabrics. My woman and I couldn't have chosen anywhere better than this particular church.

The first church I'd ever been to and my first time really knowing about God. It was going to be our church till our very last breath.

Although the auditorium was enormous, we had only relatives and close friends as guests. We wanted something simple, intimate and our planners adhered to that.

Mat patted my shoulder squeezing it one last time before taking his position. They knew this day was coming. No one would have been up here with me but them.

The pianist commenced slowly and my eyes immediately watered at the first note.
It was a song K loved from my playlist.

'It's feels like a sunkiss when you smile.'
I hummed along as K walked down the aisle.

She looked like an angel. A hot, sexy one at that. Her gown was breathtaking. My dad took it upon himself to design it for her. Her veil was decorated with colourful pearls with some sparkling emerald dust that groomed her whole body to the floor.

Beautiful and mine.

As the pianist played the last line, my wife was right infront of me with tears running down her cheeks.

Her mouth was quivering wanting to be freed as she sniffed. Dany did the honors of wiping them under her veil.

"Friends and families, we've gathered here today to witness this blessed matrimony between our brother Darien Walls and Keturah Anderson. We have...."

We both zoned out.

We both stared at each other only speaking with our eyes. I deliberately jerked my left brow and I saw her swoon with her pupils dilated.

I looked at my feet biting my lower lip are from laughing. I was definitely gonna keep up with this appearance. I pushed my artist to groom me this morning and the surprise was fully working.

The only thing I was craving for was a beard. Hopefully, if it grows she'd always fall for that even more.

My love, my life, my everything, I'd love her till the day I die. I winked at her briefly before a throat was cleared. Did we miss something?

"They both didn't hear did they? Let me ask again. Do you Darien Walls take Keturah Adasua Anderson to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health in-"

" I do." I jumped on my answer wanting this part of the ceremony to end already.

K wanted-needed me. I could see it in her eyes. Her dilated pupils couldn't lie. I had to gulp and mentally groan from how frustrated I was. This was going to be one long fantastic day.

Before I knew it, I was exchanging tongue with my wife. My wife. Keturah Walls.

"I love you husband."

"I love you wife."

Cling! Cling! Cling!

"Can I have your attention please?" The whole crowd focused on my dad while he picked up his glass.

"I just want to say a few words about my son and my lovely daughter in law. My wife and I, we remember vividly when my boy as a child came up to me one afternoon to talk about this young girl who moved into the neighborhood.

Back then, I didn't take it serious. But after his nagging, more like gossip-" we all started laughing. Oh I knew where this was going.

"I knew my son was going to wed Keturah. It's been a rough patch for both of you and Keturah, I am blessed to have you as my daughter in law, She's a saviour to me, to my wife and to my son. I'll always say this to your mom, she raised a bright kid.

You have a wonderful soul and I'm so thankful that my boy grew some balls to talk to you.

Now I know we haven't talked about grandbabies yet. I'm not too young, don't let this face deceive you and no you're not under any pressure. Only in your time and God's time and I pray, that you two get those bundles of joy when you decide to have them.

Now. Let's raise our glasses to the bride and groom. To happy marriage, good health, long life and many many years to come."

My wife and I rose up to hug my dad who also had tears in his eyes, thanking him for a great speech.

"You did good son. I'm so proud of you."

"We'd also like to make a toast." Our friends were up infront right after my das with their glasses held up high.

"No we're not going to bore you guys, the couple looks like they're gonna fly out of here." 

The entire place roared with laughter as Matt shook his head at his brother's words.

"K, Darien, you two have come a long way. You both shared the same pain, heartache, sorrow and now you both share your love.

You guys do really motivate us to become the best version of ourselves. Amid all the hurdles that came your way, you two showed us that where there's a will there's a way. Nothing can bring you two down.

We hope-well I especially hope that I meet my person just like how you two found each other.

Matt and I have unlocked our spy senses just like back turn when we were kids despite your unwillingness to pay us  everytime we had to spy on your woman for you."

They did bring their game.

"No hard feelings, it's made us pro now. We love you both and we can't wait for the journey ahead."

K and I jumped up to embrace our friends who continued teased us igniting the whole place with laughter.

They were right though, I met my person and our next  journey had just begun.