14

When I woke up the next day, I was undeniably energetic.

For about six months, I had never woken up without my alarm blasting through my ears. But as I said earlier, my hormones if I could put it that way, kept me up and ready to go.

I skipped breakfast only grabbing a banana and left for school.

I really wanted to have some time to myself and I was still trying to digest my convo with Darien yesterday so, I shot him a text telling him I'd already left.

Darien's father owned Desire making them filthy rich and his net worth, I couldn't even bring myself to say it out loud.

When I asked him in his car yesterday, he gave me a sheepish smile and brushed it off but thanks to technology, I googled him quickly and guess what? His net worth was over a hundred million.

After gasping and almost choking on my breath, I looked at him with my mouth opened.

I was dumbfounded, I didn't know what to say and didn't know how to even react.

He started shifting under my gaze looking so uncomfortable and brought out his hands to close my mouth. I rolled my eyes smiling and playfully swat his hand away but he looked offended.

His sour face clearly gave out everything.

The guy was worth close to a billion but he was scared I'd start treating him differently.

I looked at my house in my driveway wanting to catch some sleep but held his hands before leaving.

"We're still friends and some net worth isn't going to change that." I wanted that to sink in his head and that did the trick. He gave out a relief sigh wrapping me in an unexpected hug.

And that's how we ended our convo but I still couldn't wrap my head around it.

He was naturally a billionaire but he was so humble, I bet he had a lot of friends in his circle.

Why haven't I heard of his name before?

Who are you asking?

I poke my tongue in my cheek dismissing my thoughts.

Wait, if he's worth that much then it means he was quite famous on the internet.

I battled with my thoughts contemplating if it was the right thing for me to do.

I mean I wanted to know what the internet was saying about him but at the same time, I didn't want to pry. I was conflicted but shook my head and typed his name in the search engine.

"Forgive me Darien but I have to do this." I muttered in my seat and tapped on the first info I saw on him.

Dang!, I gasped slightly looking at one of his recent photo from an event he attended.

He looked nice, super handsome with that expensive tuxedo he had on and his hair wow!

I looked at the man standing beside him and couldn't forgo the striking resemblance between them.

On his left, there was his mother. She looked so young and really beautiful.

I tapped on the info attached to the photo and read about the event they went to. It was a charity event. I went back and decided to go through more of his photos but something else caught my eyes. I tapped on that instead and read everything.

The woman on his left wasn't his biological mother, his father had married again but what happened for him to remarry?

I shrugged and went back to his photos again but I wasn't getting anything so I moved to social media and quickly searched for him on the gram. I wasn't even surprised at the number of followers he had.