40.

Author's Pov

Everyone has finally settled in the living room, wondering how their happy life turned upside down like that. It all started since...

"My daughter is dead" Amora breaks the silence and realization dawns upon everyone of their biggest loss. 

"How...How can her own..."Amora whispers with teary eyes. Hunter, after a long silence growls and stands up, surprising everyone. 

"I am going to find him and kill him with my own bare hands" He growls and stands up along with all the other boys. 

"Dad, I understand that you want to kill him but we need to act calmly," Kevin says with a suggestive tone. 

And his twin, Mark adds, "Yes Dad, You know how it is. If we kill him, his whole pack will be after us"

Hunter groans and nods, "Tomorrow, meeting sharp at 7 AM" He says in his Alpha tone and everyone nods. 

Noah steps in, "I'll inform everyone, Alpha" With that, he goes out. 

"Dismiss now. Go to your room and try to sleep," Hunter says. Amora shakes her head in denial, her face twisted into a frown, tears streaming down her red cheeks.

"Go to sleep?! Do you really think I can go to sleep when my daughters are-" She was cut off by Hunter. 

"I am aware but we all need rest so we can take our revenge and figure out how to save our daughter. Now off you go" He motions to his kids and then Holds Amora by her shoulders, guiding her upstairs to their room. 

"My Eliza..." Amora whispers. 

The Next Day

The meeting house for the pack is right in the middle of the jungle, hidden from keen eyes. It is one of the safest houses in the place with secret tunnels and rooms. 

Only a few pack members have access to it while others are only aware of its location. 

The important pack members had already settled down in the meeting room, waiting for their Alpha's arrival.

 Everyone talked in a hushed tone, wondering why Noah informed them about the urgent meeting late at night. 

Some guessed that it was to talk about the attack that happened while others were thinking that it's more than that. 

The room was filled with a palpable sense of unease as everyone present was caught up in their own thoughts, speculating about what the meeting was all about. 

The tension in the air was almost suffocating, with people fidgeting in their seats and stealing anxious glances at one another. 

"Everyone is early today!" Noah says, entering the room with a grin. He scans the room and raises his eyebrow when he notices that everyone is present.

 That was new. The members who were the 'least' interested were even present there. It was surprising but a fairly good sign.  

"What's this all about?" A member questions. Noah turns towards him with a little smile. 

"You will know when the Alpha arrives," He says and looks at his watch. 1 more minute, He will be here soon. 

"Good morning, everyone," the Alpha's voice boomed throughout the room. 

As Hunter walked into the room, Stefan and Anne followed him, and everyone stood up to show their respect.

"Alpha" The Beta bows his head in respect, followed by everyone. 

Author's Note

Alright. So none of you replied to my previous chapter , very sad : ( Anywayyyyy, This book will not be going to be edited dw, updates will be happening because sometimes, I don't feel like writing so I'll just edit it. Take care and stay hydrated ! Summer's going to kill us all fr ugh (Indian peeps can relate)