36.

Author's Pov 

Amora paces around the room with a tense aura. Her eyes keep darting towards the main door, waiting for her husband and sons to bring back the little girl. It's been 3 hours since Elena left the house in anger. Everyone thought that she would be back within an hour after blowing off some steam. 

Hurried footsteps snap Amora out of her thoughts. She strides towards the door with Anne, Noah, Kevin, and Mark close behind.

Amora pauses when she looks at Hunter who is holding Elena in his arms. Her eyes widen and she gasps, "What happened to her? Is she okay? Is my baby okay? She is-" 

Stefan cut her off, "Take a deep breath, Mom. She is fine and breathing. Although, you should check her. Her temperature is a bit high"

Amora's eyes dart towards Elena's face. Elena's face was all red and a little sweaty which made Amora even more worried. 

"Bring her to her room, quick" She orders and Hunter follows her command. He quickly stalls towards her room and kicks it open. Laying her down, he steps aside. Amora squats down to Elena's level. 

She takes Elena's wrist  and checks her pulse, "Her pulse is normal" She sighs in relief and checks her temperature. 

"Mild fever. It will probably come down after a few hours. I don't think she needs any medicine. We should let her rest." She says and smiles lightly, relieved that her princess is okay. Everyone breathes in relief, satisfied with the answer. 

Everyone leaves the room, letting the girl rest. 

Author's Note

I am sorry for the short chapter! It's a filler chapter but I haven't updated for a long time (even though no one is waiting for an update) I still wanted to update because as an author, it's my duty so yeaa.

Follow me on Instagram: @authorsugar_

~Sugar