9.

Author's Pov

It's been two days since the news of Elena's adoption was announced to the House. Since then, the place has been in chaos. Everyone has taken the news differently but still, they all agreed to the adoption. 

"Mumma, why are we all here?" Little Elena asks since the family was sitting there, together in the living room. 

Hunter picks the girl in his lap, "Princess, today you are going to be an official member of our family. We just need to sign some papers and then we are all set". Elena makes an 'O' shape with her lips and Amora chuckles at her little reaction. 

A lady knocks on the door, "Alpha, your lawyer is here." 

Hunter nods, "Let him in". The lady nods and leaves. 

A minute later, an old man comes. He has white hair and was wearing a suit. He nods at Hunter and Amora and sits in front of them. 

"How are you, Peter?" Hunter asks with Elena still on his lap. 

Peter smiles, "Fine as always. Though my hay fever is still troubling me I guess there is some improvement. Thanks to Amora's medicine." 

Amora smiles and Hunter nods, "Do you have all the papers ready?" 

Peter nods, "Yes, all the papers are ready. Just sign it and everything will sort out."

Hunter nods and signs the paper along with Amora. 

"Oh also, some people from the NGO might come next week to check up on Elena."

Hunter nods. Anne frowns at that, "Why?"

"Just to make sure that the girl is in the right hands. It's their rule to check up on the new fosters of the children who are adopted. They can come any time. They'll see the environment and check whether the child looks comfortable or not. After making sure that everything is okay, they'll leave you alone." Peter replies. 

Anne nods, satisfied with the answer. Peter stands, "Alright, congratulations to all of you. I'll take my leave now." 

Hunter shakes his hand and Peter leaves. 

Anne and Amora squeak with joy, making the guys chuckle. Elizabeth just smiles, "Uh dad, I have some work to do. Gotta submit some files tomorrow so I'll go now." 

Hunter nods and she leaves. 

"Gosh, I am so happy today! It's time for a celebration now!" Amora claps her hand excitedly. 

Hunter laughs and hugs his wife. Anne takes Elena and pinches her cheeks, receiving a giggle. 

"Yea yea mum, we geddit it. Now you will have more reasons to make us work since we will have to look after a child now but for now, can we please have something? I am starving." Noah groans. 

Amora laughs and shook her head, "Nah, I am not cooking today. I am too happy to cook."

Luca gasps dramatically, "What do you mean??!!". 

Amora shrugs, "Anne can cook maybe" "NOOO" Everyone shouts except Elena. 

"Hell na, I'll die hungry rather than eating her food." Noah replies. 

Anne scoffs, "It's not that bad you know, stop overreacting." 

"Overreacting? Even Dad's cooking is better than your burnt toast." Stefan replies. 

"What do you mean by 'Even dad's cooking is better' huh? My cooking is fantastic okay?" Hunter replies with a frown. 

"oh yea? Don't-" Stefan was cut by Anne.