16.

Author's Pov

"Baby shark, doo-doo, doo-doo Baby shark, doo-doo-" A large howl cut off little Elena's concert. Elena pauses, frowning she jumps down from her bed and goes to the window. Putting her hands on the glass, she searches for the notice's source but hears nothing. 

She shrugs and turns around but frowns when she hears a howl again. Opening the window, Elena looks outside. Something caught her attention—an animal. Elena rushes towards her bedroom door and slightly opens it. Peeking her small frame out of the door, she looks around the hallway and grins when no one was there. 

It was nighttime and everyone was sleeping while little Elena was having her concert. 

"Dear God, please protect me from all the ghosts." After mumbling a small prayer, Elena slowly moves towards the staircase. Her little feet touch the cold staircase and a shiver runs down her spine due to the coldness. 

Elena tries to open the main door which surprisingly opens in one go. 

"I have...powers?" She whispers and looks at her hand with wide eyes. Little did she know, it was already open. 

Shaking her hand lightly, Elena goes outside and shivers again. The cool breeze surrounding her made her cold. 

Another howl was heard in a distance. Elena runs towards the voice without caring about anything. It was like she was possessed. She comes to a stop when she sees something she has never seen. A...wolf. 

Slowly moving closer to the woods, she saw a pack of wolves. A gasp comes out of her which was noticed by all of them. As soon as the gasp was heard, they turned towards the little girl. The silence was deadly. The only that was heard was that of the tress. 

Elena's heart was thumping loudly in her chest yet she moves slowly. She moves towards the wolves who made no move to come closer to her or ran away from her. The wolves were having a silent conversation between them. Deciding what to do with the little girl who knew nothing about them. 

A soft pat. Elena softly pats one of the wolves which was the closest to her. The wolf does not do anything and silently observes the girl. Elena grins, feeling the soft fur beneath her palm. Even though she was scared a little, she didn't run. She wanted to touch the wolf and she did. 

"Hewwo" Elena says with a cute voice. A yawn comes out of her mouth, her eyes now feeling heavy. The wolf growls softly, making the girl giggle which shocked the whole pack. 

"Are you trying to scare me?" She asks the wolf with a smile. The wolf growls again as if answering her question and she nods as if she understood what he was saying. 

"Well, You are not scary." She replies to the wolf. Another wolf comes towards the girl and she pats him. 

"You all are so beautiful" She whispers which was heard by all of them. Elena's eyes go towards a big wolf, bigger than any other wolf. The wolf was watching her silently. She goes towards that wolf and looks into his eyes. 

"Your eyes are like my dad's" 

Author's Note

I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! It's been a long since I wrote such a good chapter haha. Anyway, I had gone to book fair today and I bought 10 books!! YES 10 FREAKING BOOKS! what can I say~ I just love books. Anyway, comment and vote!