39.

Author's Pov

Amora steps forward, slowly and whispers, "Are you...Moon Goddess"

The lady chuckles in an angelic tone, her eyes holding happiness and excitement. She nods slowly, "Yes dear, I am the Moon Goddess"

Hunter, who finally came back to his senses snarls at her, "You better bring my daughters back, I want them here, with us. What kind of Goddess does that? Separating a family from their own" He shouts. Stefan holds his father by the shoulder and squeezes him gently, whispering a 'relax dad' to calm him. 

The lady simply smiles in response, "Everything happens for a reason, my child. Do not worry about Elena, she is safe and sound."

"And what about Elizabeth?" Noah questions loudly, his eyes glaring at the lady. The Moon Goddess lowers her eyes and sighs. 

She meets Amora's eyes directly, "You know about Elizabeth" Amora whimpers and everyone becomes silent again. 

"So...my....sister...she's dead? And..my other sister...oh god, where is Elena?" Kevin says with teary eyes. 

The Mood Goddess sighs and goes to Amora. She stands in front of the vulnerable mother and takes her hand, "I can not live here for a long time but I want to inform you that I will be coming back again to take Elena"

"Ta...take Elena? Why? Please...I beg you" Amora falls to the Goddess's feet, sobbing. 

"I beg you...don't take my daughter away from me. I can't bear the loss of two daughters" Amora cries. The Moon Goddess bends down and holds Amora's shoulder, making her stand. 

"Elizabeth's death is unfortunate but I cannot do anything about it, dear. And as for Elena, she's not your daughter, she must go to her real parents" The Moon Goddess says. 

Amora hiccups, "But I have raised her! She was abused! She was broken! We are her family, she must stay with us! You already took my Elizabeth, Mother. Please...Please don't take her away"

The Mood Goddess sighs, not able to convince Amora. She gently smiles and pats Amora's Head. 

The Goddess spoke in a calm yet authoritative voice, her words carrying a sense of reassurance. "You will all be fine," she said. "I will come to take Elena soon. Till then, I ask that you take care of her as if she were your own."

As she finished speaking, a powerful wind swept through the forest, stirring up dirt and debris and blinding everyone with a bright, white light. The family shielded their eyes and held onto each other, unsure of what was happening.

When the wind finally subsided, the Goddess had vanished, leaving the family alone in the forest. They looked at each other in confusion, wondering what the future held and when the Goddess would return to take Elena.

Author's  Note

Tbh I wanted to upload the chapter on Eid but change of plans! You guys seems to be liking my story so why not be nice and give it to you? Good news! I will update more frequently. Although, I had other twists in mah mind but I doubt I will be able to take the story THERE so yeah!!!! Now tell me your opinions~