21.

Author's Note

Elena looks down, her teary eyes now red. She shook her lightly, "Sir never allowed me to play with teddies. I always wanted one"

Amora's Heart clenched at the little girl's confession. She is such a little child with such bad memories, "Sir, who?" Amora questions further, wanting to get the name. 

She wants to punish the man for his deeds. Elena's lips wobbled, she looked up and shook her head whispering 'I don't know

Amora gives her a small smile and hugs her petite frame, whispering sweet nothings to calm the girl. After a few minutes, Elena was finally able to calm down. Amora looks up to see her husband towering over them with a frown. 

Amora rolls her eyes, standing up, taking the teddy from the shelf, and handling it Elena. Hunter crosses his arms and looks at his wife with a raised eyebrow. Amora shook her head, "We'll talk later" she whispered lowly. 

Hunter nods and goes to the other side. Amora gives a peck on Elena's forehead and takes her head. 

"I am hungry, let's eat something after you're done. Okay?" Amora says, trying to change Elena's mood. Luckily, she was successful in doing so. 

Elena looks at big Schinchan stuffed toys, she grins and ran towards them. Amora chuckles at her excitement. Hunter comes to Amora while Elena was looking and touching the soft toys, giggling to herself. 

"What was that?" Hunter questions and Amora sighs. Her husband just can't wait, always impatient. 

"She had a rough time, Hunter. I think she saw some flashbacks. She said that some 'sir' never allowed to have any stuffed toys" Amora says. She was having some ideas about what happened, She just needed Elena to confirm that but she wouldn't pressurize the girl. 

Hunter's jaw clenches. He didn't like this, at all. Elena is his daughter and he doesn't want her to suffer now. He will make sure to make that person pay. He will protect his daughter from others. 

Amora smiles when she sees Elena pouting. Amora goes towards her and asks, "What happened baby?" 

Elena bites her lips, a habit of hers when she is hesitant or nervous, "Um...I like this" She points at a little stuffed toy of Shinchan giving a wink. 

Amora takes the toy, "let's buy it then?" She asks but frowns when Elena shook her head. 

"I have already taken one," She says with a quiet voice. Amora squats to her level. 

"Baby, you can take as many as toys you want. we won't complain"  She says. 

Elena looks at Hunter who smiles at her and nods. She smiles and hugs Amora. 

"What about me?" Hunter asks with a pout. Amora rolls her eyes and Elena giggles. Hunter squats down to her level and Elena hugs Hunter. 

"You're so big" Elena says while hugging Hunter. Hunter laughs along with Amora. 

Hunter ruffles Elena's hair who pouts in return but grins otherwise, showing her missing one tooth. 

Whereas Elizabeth was throwing daggers at Elena who was taking all her parent's love, "She is just adoptive" she mumbles and walks away, thinking. 

Author's Note

Exams are over which means I'll update more often. I am actually thinking of taking down this book, I am not sure...Will see. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Love ya'll.