Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

"I never do what I should. I do what I wanna." I said making a face as we walked back down the halls I had just come from.

"Just go change in to the dress and be on your best behavior for the dinner tonight." Hamilton said before walking away with Raymond.

"Stupid guards, stupid rules..." I grumbled walking into the room.

"Oh poor baby London." One of the blondies sneered as they literally ripped the dress off my body.

"Now, step into this and we'll zip it up from the back." Blondie #1 said tiredly. I did what I was told and soon enough I was in a long silver dress.

"Just touch up her makeup and leave her hair the way it is. Add bracelet, necklace and earrings. All diamond." Blondie #1 said ordering the other girls around.

"Done Serena." One of the girls said sighing. So blondie #1 was Serena.

"Good Elaina. Follow me Mutt." Serena said walking out the door of Dacian's 'quarters'.

"Oh yes of course miss!" I said pretending to be a child.

"Ugh, why are you the one he picks. You don't even want to be here." Serena said frowning.

"Listen, Serena is it?" I asked stopping in the middle of the hall while she just nodded. "I've got a feeling something went on between you and Dacian." I said questioning her with my eyes. She just sighed.

"Look mu-" I interrupted her before she could finish.

"Serena. I'm trying to help you get Dacian back. Tell me your story and we'll make a plan. I don't want to take your man. So just spill." I said grabbing both of her shoulders while looking into her eyes seriously. She shrugged both my hands off and leaned against the wall.

"Dacian and I went out for three years. He was perfect. Then all of a sudden his dad started needing him in his often more often because they had to talk about something they were 'observing'.  

That something turned out to be you. He broke up with me saying that he needed you or something like that. He really changed since his dad started to talk to him.

Now that he got the eyes it's like he's a whole other person. But to be quite honest it's pretty obvious when they use the eyes on people. Now Dacian acts like I'm nothing to him. Just some random person he just met." Serena said wiping away some tears. I held out my arms looking for a hug. She looked at me skeptically before caving in and giving me a hug.

"I am definitely going to give that jerk hell. Maybe even find the real him in the process." I whispered patting her back.

"You know I've been a real bitch to you." Serena said pulling away and biting her lip. "It's just hard not to hate the person my ex chose over me." She finished.

"It's alright." I said smiling. "Now where's this dinner. It's time to mess with him." I said smiling evilly.

"I like you." She said winking at me before pulling me along the hall.

"See you later." I said walking into the crowded dining hall. All eyes turned to me.

"Hello Darling." Dacian said standing up and giving me a warm smile. Definitely fake.

"Wasup wasup pimp." I said walking around the table and taking the open seat beside Dacian. He started to laugh.

"My London, always the joker." Dacian said. But I saw his fists clenched under the table as he sat down.

"Yea, yea whatever." I said rolling my eyes as shocked eyes stared at me from their respective spots around the table. "Well somebody needs to stand up to this bully." I said jerking my thumb in Dacian's direction giving the mostly elderly vampires a warm smile. Must be an important dinner to have elders amongst us. As the dinner went on I made polite conversation with the people sitting around me. Nearing the end of the night a woman from across the table asked me a question.