CH:18

Adelina

I was looking at the passing buildings through the black tinted glass window of the car. It's been a week since our date and today I'm going to see Dr. Martin. As Taehyung said, he came to Italy two days ago.

The car stopped as the hospital came into my view. Taehyung's grip on my hand loosened and the door on my side opened as he reached forward and unbuckled my seat belt.

One of Taehyung's guards brought my wheelchair to the open door. Saya quickly got out of the other car and ran to me.

Taehyung got out of the car and took me out of the car before putting me in the chair. Fixing his coat he walked towards the hospital and Saya took me behind him. It is not the hospital we visited last time.

As soon as we entered the hospital, the young receptionist lady wearing a blue shirt smiled at Taehyung. It is much wider than a normal smile. I chuckled in my mind. The influence of my husband's handsomeness is no joke.

"Dr. Martin?" he asked. Her smile evaporated due to the coldness of his voice.

"He's inside, room number 14, go down the hall and turn right." Taehyung left without saying anything. Her hazel eyes looked at me.

"Thank you." I said. I gave her a small smile. She mirrored my expressions. Saya took my wheelchair after Taehyung's long footsteps.

As soon as we entered the 14th room, I met Dr. Martin. He is bald. But it looks like he is not that old. 35-40 years old. His beard is trimmed, giving him an attractive look. He was wearing a brown tee, no big deal. A digital watch is wrapped around his wrist.

He was sitting in a chair behind the table. As soon as he heard us enter, he looked at us.

"Oh, Mr. Kim, come sit down." he said, with a wide grin, dimples forming on his cheeks.

Taehyung sat in front of him, I was behind him in my wheelchair, with Saya.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Kim." He said tilting his head slightly to look at me behind Taehyung. "I didn't expect Mr. Kim's wife to be so beautiful." His voice is flirtatious. Taehyung cleared his throat.

"You're not here to flirt with my wife, are you?" he asked, his voice a little hoarse. I brought my lips into a thin line trying to control my laughter when I caught the jealousy in his voice. I can't see his face here because his back is turned to me but I'm sure his expression is serious.

Dr. Martin cleared his throat. "Righ...I'm here to treat her." He said, shaking his head. "I checked her X-ray report you sent," he said, the playfulness in his voice suddenly dropping to a more professional one. Looking at his open laptop, there is a black and white picture of my spine on the screen. He turned it towards us and pointed.

"The damage is really serious." His eyes went between Taehyung and me. "I need another X-ray. Then I can tell you what we need to do." He said, making a call on his phone. "Miss Alessia, would you please come to my room?"

He hung up and turned to us, placing the phone back on the table. "How did she become paralyzed? You didn't tell me why before." he asked Taehyung. I felt a lump in my throat.

“It was an accident,” Taehyung said curtly, I really hate to even mention it. It really leaves a bitter taste in my heart and a very dark memory.That is the main reason why I can't even go in a car without someone by my side.

There was a moment of silence before the door opened and a woman in a white coat entered. She smiled at us.

"Meet Dr. Alessia, my work partner." He told us. and looked at Alessia."This is Mr. and Mrs. Kim." He told her.