CH:07

Taehyung

A big sigh let out of my lips.I am sitting at a table in a fancy restaurant in town, which my father booked for me to meet Miss Lee. She came to Italy two days ago, but I was unable to meet her due to my busy schedule.

She had also made a request that she needs rest for the first two days as she is planning to explore the town with a friend of hers here. I was really happy about it, but that happiness didn't last long, after father called me this morning and asked me to meet her here.

I can hear a slow instrumental soothing music playing in the restaurant, making the whole atmosphere lovely.

It almost looks like a romantic date. I sighed. This is crazy.

If dad really wanted to meet us, he could have done it at the office or asked her to come to their mansion.

What does he expect by doing things like this?

Oh, sure! Because obviously, after a mere dinner with her, I'll just magically fall head over heels in love and rush to inform him of my burning desire to marry her immediately. Because that's how rational and sane people behave, right?

I mentally scoffed at my own ridiculous thoughts.

I checked the time on my phone, it's been fifteen minutes but still no sign of her presence. Did she change her mind at the end?

Oh, I really wish it were.

I will be patient for ten more minutes, if she doesn't show up. Which means this date - that's what my dad calls it - is over before it even starts, because I'm really tired of this nonsense. I just want to go home and hug my wife and sleep.

With my index finger tapping on the surface of the wooden table, I didn't pay much attention to the people inside the restaurant and instead stared out the large floor-to-ceiling glass window across from me.

I am on the fourth floor of the restaurant so I can clearly see the beauty of the night town in my view.It's breathtaking.

"Mr.Kim ? " I heard a feminine voice calling my name and my head turned towards the voice. There's a woman standing there, she's wearing a dark green, sleeveless - they call it off the shoulder or something - short dress, her hair is dark brown and tied up in a bun.A pair of golden earrings adoring her ears. Her facial features are not Italian, they are more like Korean that's when it hit me.

"Miss Lee?" I asked. A broad smile appeared on her red painted lips.

"I'm really sorry, the traffic here is horrible." She said, smiling apologetically.

"That's okay, sit down please." With a small smile, I pointed to the chair on the opposite side of the table. She placed her black purse on the table and sat down. Its brand, dior, caught my eyes.

It is certain that she belongs to a wealthy family but her behavior is different from what I thought, as the only daughter in the family as my father said, I thought she might be spoiled or someone with a lot of attitude but she is really very polite.

But again we can't measure someone by few words, right?

Maybe she is trying to improve her first impression for me because she doesn't want to ruin her father's image.After all, this was something her and my parents had arranged.So she is simply trying to be nice to me like i'm doing for the sake of my parents.

"My name is Jiwon Lee,in case you don't know." she said, extending her hand across the table to me for a handshake.

"Taehyung Kim." I said shortly, shaking her hand.