CH:13

Taehyung

Saya's eyes fell on me as soon as I opened the door of the room and entered, I saw my wife who was lying motionless between the sheets on the bed being checked by the doctor, after a while he got up from the bed.

"How is she?" I asked him.I found it difficult to control the nervousness in my voice as it overwhelmed me, I'm sure the doctor must have felt it too. He turned to me, removing his stethoscope from his ears.

"She's fine buddy. Don't worry," said Leo, my family doctor and my high school friend with a assuring smile. "I have already injected her with medicine, give the rest when she wakes up. But don't give it on an empty stomach." He handed Saya a packet of medicine.

As the panic in my heart subsided, I breathed a sigh of relief, I didn't even know I had been holding it in for so long.

If she's fine, that's all I want. But I can't imagine how she got sick all of a sudden. She was fine when I left home in the morning.

"Thank you very much, Doctor." I told him with a grateful smile.

"My pleasure Kim. But take care of her" He glanced at her for brief second before turning to me again."Don't let her get wet like this all the time with her condition." His words confused me, but then I realized how my wife suddenly got fever. He gathered his things and turned to me.

"It won't happen again. I'll take care." I assured him.

I feel the fury take over my whole body, melting every fiber of my being.I give Saya a stern look and she quickly looks down.

"See you later. Call if you need anything." I nodded as he patted my shoulder. After giving one last look at my wife's sleeping figure, he left the room, and one of my guards escorted him out.

After they were all out of my sight, I glared at Saya. The girl was scared. "Who said to take madam in the rain without my permission?" I asked through my clenched jaw. "I have assigned you only one job. To take care of madam. Can't you even do that properly?!" My voice rose a little as I came to the end of the sentence. I could feel my chest heaving with anger.

"I'm sorry Master, but Madam insisted on going." she said, her voice shaking slightly. I closed my eyes for a second, calming myself down.

There is really no point in me being angry with the girl. It's not really her fault. She always does whatever the hell my wife says. My clenched jaw relaxed as i let out a sigh.

"Go make something for madam to eat, she needs to take her medicine when she wakes up." As I said, she quickly left the room.

As soon as the door closed, I threw the coat on the nearby sofa, and slipped into bed, kicking off my shoes. I sat next to her.

I put the back of my hand on her forehead and checked her temperature, still a bit feverish.

Why are you doing this?

You worry me so much, Addie.

I gently caressed her cheek, her face was slightly pale, her lips were slightly chapped.I moved my thumb gently on her lips. Don't do this again, please. I whispered, resting my forehead on her slightly warm one. She doesn't know how much she worried me.

Since the day she became paralyzed, I am afraid that she will even have a little cough. Because her doctors said that it would have a big effect because her body is weak. But here she is drenched in the cold rain without any care in the world.

I placed my lips on her now pale cheek, giving a small kiss.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, echoing in the silent room. I took the phone out of my pocket. My mother's name is shown on the screen.

She called me on my way home but I didn't answer. My head was clouded with worry about my wife's condition. I was not in my right mind to answer her questions.

I gave my wife one last look and got out of bed. I made my way to the small sofa at the end of the room and sat there, my eyes on my wife. I answered the phone.

"Yes,Mother."

"God, Taehyung, what happened? Why did you leave so suddenly? You made us all worry." she asked, concern evident in her voice.

"Where's father?"

"He went to bed, after the Lee family left a while ago. I think he had a little too many glasses of wine." She paused, and I heard the sound of her slippers hitting the marble floor and the fridge door opening and closing. "He was really upset with you." She added, I sighed, that was expected after I got out of there without giving a damn in front of everyone. Especially when we have guests.

"Adelina has a fever." I said, saying her name like that makes my tongue feel strange. Usually I am not one to call her by her name. So it's a really unfamiliar feeling for me. I heard mother gasp over the phone.

"Jesus! How is she now?"

"She's better  now, don't worry." She sighed. I leaned into the comfort of the sofa,putting the ankle of one leg on the knee of the other leg. The hand that is not holding the phone close to the ear is stretched out freely on the sofa arm and gently drums on the wooden frame at the end of it.It doesn't make much noise even in a quiet room.

My gaze still did not budge from the sleeping figure of my wife. "Can you talk to father for me? I don't want to hear his nonsense early in the morning."

"I'll take care of it. You take care of Adelina."

"Okay. Have a goodnight."

"Goodnight." With her response, I hung up the phone almost quickly. With my fingers dancing on the phone screen, I made a call to another contact.

"Hello, Miss Rossi. Cancel all the meetings tomorrow, I won't come to the office tomorrow. Just email me the important files I want to check." I ordered her. She did not question me about my reason. I hung up and tossed the phone on the small coffee table in front of me before getting up from the sofa with a sigh.

I looked at my wife, she was still sleeping. Maybe because of the effect of the medicine. I need a good shower now. I took my night clothes from the closet and went to the bathroom.
I took a good half hour and bathed until all my tiredness was gone. I felt my muscles relax a little and the heaviness in my head eased. Taking a nice shower after a long day is one of my favorite things. It brings me a  strange sense of contentment and relaxation in every fiber of my being.
It feels like I've gone from summer to winter in one day.

When I came out of the bathroom, Saya had already made a soup and came to the room and was feeding it to my wife who was sitting awake now.

As my wife's eyes fell on me, she stopped drinking the soup for a while. The spoon held by Saya, full of liquid, stopped at her lips.

"Give her medicine when you're done feeding her." I ordered Saya and as she nodded, I left the room without giving my wife another look.

I'm really angry and disappointed with her. She knows very well that I'm worried about her, but still she pulls the best shit to make me worry. Getting sick.

She is not like a normal person. Her body is not as strong as a normal person. Even a small thing affects her greatly, why can't she understand that?

I don't want to talk to her now, I want her to know how stupid and immature she behaved. For God's sake, she is a grown woman, not a little baby who can't understand what not to do.

I made my way to the study room, intending to check the files I left behind today because I had to go to my parents' house before going to sleep.