CH:26

Adelina

"I sent the papers to Taehyung as you said." My mother said, sitting on my bed. "He called yesterday too." She added. Putting a hand on my shoulder.

"What did you say?"

"Just like you said, I said you were asleep." I let out a sigh of relief, throwing my head back against the headboard of the bed.

I hummed as I closed my eyes. I don't want to talk to him as much as my heart is filled with emptiness without seeing him. Because if I do, I'm sure things can get more complicated.

Maybe it's just a reason I made up in my mind not to face him. But anyway, I can hardly bring myself to talk to him.

"From the way he answered me, he seems to be suspicious of your behavior now, because every time he calls , I say you're asleep." Surely he is not stupid enough to not understand that I have been avoiding him for so long.After all, it's already been three full weeks.And this is the longest time we've been apart since we got married.

But I was surprised that he respected my request and did not come here to see me. It fills my heart with comfort and pain at the same time. It's a lie if I say I don't miss him and want to see him.

But seeing him now is like breaking the bricks that bind around my heart to tighten it.

I'm not ready yet. The moment I face him, I need to be stronger for what I'm going to say to him, otherwise the things I've done for so long will be meaningless.

Suddenly the door opened and one of my mother's maids came in as if in a panic. "Madam, Mr. Kim has come and says he wants to see the young madam."

My eyes widened. I looked at my mother. "Tell him I'm not at home,please." I said quickly, I could feel panic taking over my body.

"Don't you think you should talk to him? I mean he needs to know the truth too, right?" I looked down at my lap and let out a long sigh through my lips. "You need to explain everything to him and clean this all up. Keeping him in the dark isn't your plan, is it?"

"What do I tell him?" I looked at her. I really don't know.

"Everything. The reason why you're doing this. I'm sure he's also here for it.For an explanation. " She was right. He must be lost now. I have to give him an explanation. Otherwise it is not fair at all. The problem is, I don't know how to do it.

But I can't avoid him every day. I have to face it today or tomorrow.

Maybe this is the time to finally face what I have been waiting for so long.

Maybe this is the time to fix everything between us for the best.

I took a deep breath and nodded to her. She got up from the bed. "I'll tell him to come." She patted my shoulder and left the room. I listened to her footsteps drifting away in my ears and sighed, readying myself to face Taehyung and his questions.

Not even a minute after Mom went out, Taehyung burst into the room. I looked up at him as he closed the door behind him. His appearance is far from attractive. Those dark circles under his eyes that I saw before I came from his mansion are now even darker. They seem to be permanently lodged there.

His hair is messed up, falling all over his head. He was wearing a simple white tee and a pair of black jeans. The tee is crushed in places. I have never seen him dress so carelessly.

I can't help but notice that he has lost about five to six pounds. His appearance is slightly pale. I gulp, I know why he is like this. It is me. That very thought broke my heart.