CH:01

I opened my eyes, but instead of the usual ceiling of my room as I expected, I was met with a completely white ceiling.

Where am I ?

Right....

I'm in the hospital... I remember...

I turned my neck a little to the side and looked at the other end of the room and my eyes suddenly found the woman asleep on the small couch. Saya...my maid. She is sleeping on that small couch trying to adjust awkwardly.

I felt guilty rising from the bottom of my stomach. It's all because of me. She must have watched me like this all night. I sighed. My eyes fell from her to the back of my palm which was pierced with a needle and a white plaster on it. Saline flows into my body through a thin white transparent tube.

"Madam, you are awake?" My attention went back to Saya's shocked face as she quickly got up from the couch, straightening her dress. "I'll call the doctor." She quickly left the room. My eyes followed her until her figure disappeared through the doors of the room.

As soon as she vanished from my sight, I looked around, only to see nothing and turned white everywhere. White painted walls, white ceiling with a white three winged fan hanging, white bed with white sheets, white couch where Saya was sleeping, even the window behind that couch is decorated with white transparent curtains, white tiles on the floor, the small white cupboard next to my bed, even the lamp on it is white.

Why did they make the hospital completely white?

After a moment the door opened and two male doctors came in, followed by a nurse. I remember one doctor but the other is a new face to me. The doctor I know, Dr. Marino, who was in his forties, looked at me and smiled.

"How are you feeling now Mrs.Kim?" he asked, walking up to me. He wiggled my big toe with his index finger and thumb."Do you feel anything?" He looked at me. I sighed.

"No." I said briefly.His eyes widened behind his round glasses. A look of panic spread across his face. He turned to the other doctor, who gulped. Dr.Marino turned back to me and smiled but I knew the smile wasn't real, it proved the panic in his eyes.

He then took my unpierced hand and bent my fingers to the palm side. He looked at me and I shook my head again, giving the same answer as before. As a deep breath left his mouth, he put my hand back on the bed.

"That's okay, Doctor." I tried to calm him down. I know why he is so upset.

"Master is on his way." Saya came to the other side of the bed and stood, informing. Holding her phone to her chest. The doctor's eyes widened, now he could hardly hide his fear from the others in the room.

"Mrs- Mrs.Kim..... I-" he stuttered, I could understand him.

"Please calm down Doctor...I'll take care of it." I assured him, giving him a small smile. God, I feel like I'm the doctor and he's the patient.

And I know very well who is the cause of his fear. Suddenly, the door of the room opened wide and a figure came in. Just as we were talking about the Devil, he came.