Episode 21

"misis, i already told you that you are not allowed to talk unless i say so. im trying to close this case so all of us can know what's the root of this issue."

even though seokmin doesnt want to interrupt the attorney, but he was left no choice but he has to especially when he heard how his boss, joshua's voice changed into hoarse one and you could hear the hint of irritation when the mother of the boy who chrystyan beaten up yesterday interrupted what joshua was doing... or more like saying. because joshua had asked a permission to both the guidance counselor and this jame's mother not to talk unless she was needed to or joshua allowed her, that's why joshua was a bit irritated because that james' mother has said something when she doesn't need to.

seokmin had to extend his right hand to caress his boss' left arm to remind the older to calm himself down as he called joshua's name in whispers but he made sure that his boss can hear him. and guess that it was effective because seokmin heave a sighed in relief seeing his boss was trying to calm himself down based on the changes of his facial expression, nagbago din kasi yung itsura ni joshua when that james' mother interrupted him and that look joshua had flushed seemed like he was mad at medyo nanlaki yung dalawa nyang mata.

joshua heave a suggestion. "james.. you have to tell me the truth." this time he said it with much calmer voice and slow to convince the kid to finally tell the truth about what happened.

though, james answered each and every question joshua threw on him the moment they started the meeting... oh, i haven't mentioned yet that joshua asked permission to the guidance counselors also if he could be the one to manage the meeting by asking questions based on what happened, and miss anderson agreed that's why joshua was the one asking a lot of questions to james which the kid answered all of them. but when james answered the previous question regarding his involvement as to why chrystyan has wounds and bruises.. joshua found a very suspicious answer from the boy.

because as a lawyer he is and based on his day by day experience, he knows if someone was lying and he knows if someone doesnt have enough proof to support its defenses. and james was one of those who defended himself but doesn't have a strong proof to support his explanation, and base palang sa sagot nang bata, joshua already know that this kid might be lying. no, he wasn't accusing the boy that he was actually lying or he was just being biased because his son was the victim and being oppress, he just want to know the root of this issue so they can close this case already.

hindi naman sa minamadali ni joshua yung proseso nang kaso, but wouldn't it be better to take action as soon as possible before it could even get worse? and why would they wait for chrystyan to wake up when they can do it now? plus all of them wasn't aware kung kelan gigising si chrystyan. joshua cannot let that happen. he cannot let this boy comfortably having the time of his life studying and staying at this school while his son, chrystyan was in the hospital unconscious and with an ongoing issue about bullying when first of all they all dont know the reason behind it.

joshua wants fairness... just like all aspiring lawyers out there.

"what truth? i already told you im not involve with your accusations." the kid responded to joshua's statement.

seokmin has to look at the boy who's sitting across them beside his mother, and you could see that the kid was just holding himself back from crying. seokmin has already noticed it the moment joshua introduced himself as an attorney and you could see na hindi mapakali yung bata like he kept playing with his fingers and he couldn't keep his eyes straight to the attorney in front of him. we know that maybe james was just scared of having an actual attorney in front of them, pero seokmin knew something was wrong.