Episode 11

"do you need any help?" 

i gently walked towards to the edge of the hallway to get through the kitchen while smiling and was staring at chrystyan who's sitting on a high chair, was holding a huge container or a bottle of nutella then there's some ingredients like flour and eggs that was scattered in front of him at the dinning table. and i caught him having a hard time trying to open the cap of the nutella bottle which i remember na si boss, si joshua yung huling gumamit nang nutella for his breakfast earlier in the morning, which means chrystyan cannot open the bottle on his own, mahigpit yung pagkakasara ni boss kanina.

once i have reached the kitchen already, i have to halt my tracks as i stood for like six foot away from my boss' son, because as far as i remember and as far as i have experience since i work here as their maid and was completely taking care of him and jeshua, i have known that chrystyan doesn't want anyone near to him.. especially his father, which is joshua. though he was able to get close to jeshua and have some kind of skinships with her but not all the time, that's why i always keep my distance to him plus i respect his privacy and personal space. i dont know if he's like that with his friends in school.

as expected, chrystyan shook his head. i have already expected it enough na iiling sya and he'll pretend he doesn't want or he wasn't doing it just for me not to interfere with what he was supposed to do though i have told him and showed him enough that i can help him through everything and he just have to let me do it. but guess that, he already trained himself to be independent, kaya kahit he knows to himself that he cannot do it alone or if he needs help, he wont say it, he wont ask anyone to do it for him. that's what he is, that's my boss' first child.

"no, i dont." he said firmly. 

though he have said it a lot of times and though i already knew he was going to say those words, i still stood there six foot away from him as i smiled. enough for me to show him i can help him and he can continue what he wants to do. and it seemed like he already got what i was showing so right after some seconds of parting his gazes to me, he got his eyes back to look at me and after some seconds, i saw how he heave a sighed. he heave a sighed in defeat that it seemed like he was giving up and was finally gonna let me help him, for the first time. 

he heave a sighed for the second time. "fine. can you help me open this container? ive been trying to open it since earlier." then he gave me the glass bottle of nutella he was holding as he was trying to look away probably getting shy. 

and seeing and hearing chrystyan finally asked for help and letting me help him even in just this small matter, it was enough to make my heart flutter at the same time it makes me happy that my small smile turned into big one. ramdam ko kasi from the very first day that chrystyan was hard to please, hindi sya ganon kabilis magtiwala sa ibang tao especially to me that he was barely knew and kung saan lang ako nakuha at nakilala nang daddy nya. plus it was hard for him to adjust to his environment, he always tends to do what he used to na kahit meron nang bago and everything seemed to run the opposite, still, si chrystyan andon padin sa dati. 

if jeshua's trauma stayed there with her, chrystyan stayed himself in the past. 

i walked to get close to him for me to be able to open the glass container of the nutella, but i still stopped myself for about two foots away from him just enough for me to get the nutella. it took me some seconds to open the cap of it kasi sobrang higpit nang pagkakasara like you dont want somebody to have it, but good thing malakas yung pwersa ko so i was able to open it in front of him. when i opened it, i gave it back to chrystyan then i saw how he pursed his lips before taking the bottle as he said a very and almost barely audible but enough for me to clearly hear him saying his soft thank yous.