Episode 04

"sir, pwede po magtanong?"

he shot me a glance and i saw how his brows furrowed. "what is it?"

i looked sideways first before i got my eyes back at him. "a-ah i just want to ask sir.. kung, nasaan po asawa nyo?"

it took a matter of seconds before i witness how that question made him stop from reading the paper he was holding then he stared at it for some seconds before he slowly shifted his gaze to me making me automatically bit my lower lip because i could really tell and see the difference of the emotion his eyes was flushing before i asked that question to know that he've heard me asking that kind of persons question. kita ko din na parang di nya inaasahan na itatanong ko yun so his reaction and his expression really shows na nagulat sya.

actually, i just want know. gusto ko lang malaman for my sole information about him bukod sa criminal defense attorney sya at single father sya, i just want to know kasi sya halos malaman nya na lahat sakin kahit di naman nakasulat sa biography ko yon. plus hansol never informed me kung nasaan yung asawa nya, he just told me that his best friend has two kids already at sila nga daw yung aalagaan ko plus i did not see any marks or traced of her here inside their house.. wala ding picture frames nang ibang tao bukod sa kanilang tatlo that was displayed sa wall sa salas.

i smiled and laughed awkwardly. "s-sorry sir, i know this sounds too personal and its okay if yoㅡ"

"she's gone."

"ha?" that was the word that first came out of my mouth right after he cutted me out and answered that question. hindi pa kasi ako tapos magsalita tapos magsasabi sya nang nakakagulat! di ko tuloy nagets! "p-po? she's gone?"

he nodded then he looked away from me. "she's gone, lee. she died in a car accident about a year ago."

my mouth unconsciously formed an "o" right after his words sank inside my head. i could see through his expressive wide eyes the emotion he's trying to hold back and from the movement of his adams apple seemed like he was trying his best not to say anything more than what he utter as he tried so hard to got back himself from what he was reading. and by staring at him in front of me, i could really tell how hard it is for him to accept the fact that his beloved wife was really gone.. that heaven took her back from them, leaving him with their two kids.

i was wondering how come did he manage to take care of his two kids within those months after his wife died. sabi kasi sakin ni jeshua kanina, i was the first maid that they have and she was happy that her daddy, which is my boss, has finally have a counterpart because she seemed knew how hard it is for joshua to handle everything on his shoulders. imagine being a lawyer itself was already a busy job, tapos aalagaan nya pa tong dalawa, magluluto, maglilinis nang bahay, ihahatid at sundo sila sa school.. it was hard. it was really hard na kahit ako na wala pa namang anak, di ko kakayanin yung nakaya nya.