Episode 14

"daddy..." 

joshua had to stopped his tracks the moment he heard the muffled voice of her little daughter calling him that he thought was sleeping soundly already because he heard her snoring a little when he went inside her room to see her. joshua automatically turned his body around to see her daughter, eyes slightly opened since she just woke up. jeshua was hugging a new bunny stuff toy that is slightly bigger than the ones that she already have. he smiled to her daughter then he went closer to her as he sat on the small chair beside his daughters bed. 

"i thought you're sleeping already." he lifted his right hand to reach for his daughter's hair as he stroke it very gently. 

jeshua nodded as she yawned cutely making her father, joshua giggled. "i am, but i waited for you... because i want to tell you what happened today." then joshua saw how jeshua's thin pink lips formed into a smile. a very sweet one. 

"tell me what happened today, baby. daddy wants to know..." he made sure that he would be listening to whatever his daughter would tell. whatever stories, whatever words, whatever scenario, he would listen to her attentively. 

jeshua then lifted her upper body to sit on the bed then she extended her right hand to reach for her nightstand where her bronze medal and her certificate from the spelling competition was placed. right after the kid picked those things up using her hand, she showed it to her daddy... jeshua showed those to her father with a sweet yet huge smile flushed through her face. joshua... though he already saw it when he entered his daughters room about a minutes ago, but he still looked at it. tinginan nya padin yung medal and paper na hawak nang anak nya. 

jeshua giggled. "look daddy, i won third place in spelling bee and this paper, it has my complete name." the kids voice may be a bit low because of her bed voice but it was enough for joshua to hear the happiness encrypted on her daughters voice. and that smile that never left her face shows it all. "i only got four wrongs because my coach and i didn't review it. but still, i didn't expect that i would win."

her father cupped his cheeks and squeeze it making the kid giggled more. "you deserve it! i know how much you work hard to remember all those words and letters. and you know what, baby?" joshua remained his eyes on jeshua then rub his both thumb on his daughters chubby and white cheeks. "with or without that medal and certificate, daddy will always be proud of you. i will always be grateful and lucky to have you as my daughter."

both of them shared giggles first before jeshua hugged her daddy, telling him how much she loves him and so does joshua. he hugged her daughter so tight as he kissed the side of her head while telling her how much he loves her. and that he is so proud of jeshua's achievement na honestly, hindi nya ineexpect because ever since madison and him decided to sent jeshua to school, the kid didnt do much in terms of her schoolings. and if it wasn't because of her tutor, jeshua wouldn't know how to write her name and compose a sentence all by herself. 

joshua knows the reason why jeshua didn't do much with her schoolings before. because the only reason they sent jeshua to school that early in her age because both of them don't want jeshua to see their fights... ayaw nilang makita nang bata na nag-aaway silang mag-asawa, they both didnt want their child to see how their own parents is the reason bakit nasisira yung pamilya nila. but then, little did they both knew.. both of their child knew that they were fighting, that they kept arguing. alam nang dalawang bata even before na hindi na maganda yung pagsasama nilang mag-asawa.