Chapter 46 ~Burning Like Hell

Vote! Comment! Enjoy!

Chrissy POV:

He was phasing! How the hell is he phasing? His mom's Makah not Quileute! He sat there screaming in agony, I don't know what to do! I just stared at him while he begged me to make it stop. I grabbed his hand and stroked his face while he cried out in pain.

"Breathe Embry, it'll be over soon." I whispered to him, he gasped for breath calming down. His face relaxed from the pain filled mask it wore before. I smiled at him. He's alright he's not going to phase! I felt him squeeze my hand before his face contorted in pain again. He let out another scream.

"Chrissy!" Sam yelled running up. I looked up at him and the other two.

"He's phasing!" I told them

"That's impossible!" Sam said I could feel the vibrations of his bones breaking through his hand. I don't know what was worse, the fact that he's in pain and I can't do anything about it or that he's breaking my hand right now! I felt something scratch my wrist and his hand that I was holding turn soft like fur. It was quiet. I looked down at him and he was a wolf. I pulled back my hand and watched the blood slowly drip from my wrist. Sam phased along with Jared and Paul. I could hear Sam huff and the breeze of phasing back hit me. "Christian he wants you to stay with him. Okay?" He asked

"Okay." I mumbled hiding my bloody wrist as they took off. Embry turned to me and whimpered nudging my arm that was hiding behind my back. He saw the blood and whimpered again, he started licking it off. I frowned. I didn't want this to happen to him, he's too sweet, he doesn't deserve this lifestyle. What did he do to have to go through all this pain of secrets and bones breaking? I pulled my arm back. "I'm okay." I told him. I wasn't okay, my arm burnt like hell! "I'll be back, stay here." I told him running behind a tree. I could hear his whimper. I gripped my wrist and looked at it, all I could see was blood, whether it was dried up or not I couldn't tell. I could tell that it was a deep cut and it would take a while to heal, longer than when I snapped my ankle in that bear trap. I took a deep breath and grabbed my shirt pulling it over my head along with my bra, I pulled off my pants and underwear. I put them in a tree and focused on phasing. I phased and came out from behind the tree. Ouch! It hurts more when I'm phased.

"Chrissy?" He asked looking at me.

"Yeah, hey don't freak out okay?"

"Okay."

"You already know most of the legends right?" I asked

"Some of them, but since I'm from Makah I wasn't told all of them." I nodded.

"Okay well we I guess I'll just think about all the legends again." I sighed and plopped down in front of him. I let out thoughts about all the legends I heard as a kid and the ones Sam and Billy told me. He listened to all the stories they once told me.

"Wow. Really? So then have you ever killed one?" He asked

"No, there haven't been any, I've met one though."

"What?"

"Yeah, Emmett Cullen. He's a real strange boy trapped in a adults body."

"Really? How?"

"Well I think I might've driven the Cullen's out because of a prank I helped him pull on his brother, Edward."

"Wait you did that?"

"Yup. Me and Jared."

"Jared and I"

"Huh?"

"It's Jared and I because, "

"Yeah I get it now." 

"Okay."

"How are you doing Embry? Like how are you taking this in? I would just go through your mind but.." I trailed off.

"I guess I'm doing okay."

"Okay well, "

"Hey Chrissy, I've got it from here go get some rest you still got to watch your cousin and Quil and Seth as well. Plus you get grumpy if you don't get sleep." Sam interrupted.

"I do not get grumpy! You get grumpy all the time because no matter how hard you try, you can't get laid by Emily!"

"Go!" He yelled I flinched and ran behind a tree getting dressed and walking home. When I got home inwent straight into the bathroom and looked at my cut up wrist. It burned, I grabbed the first aid kit and poured the peroxide on it, I cursed as it burned my skin. I could feel myself tear up. I breathed through the pain and gasped. I grabbed a bandage roll and wrapped my wrist up. I looked in my mirror and looked at myself. I cleaned up everything and put the kit back in the cabinet.