Rules of Aristocracy and Ignorance [Lucius Malfoy]

Lucius Malfoy x Reader

[Theme: Young Adult]

Requested by: smokelles

'To be a Malfoy is to be of the purest and most excellent blood. He may only find union with one who carries the same blessing.'

Armand Malfoy, circa 1066

These words, written almost a thousand years ago, would haunt me for my entire life. They were part of the foundation of an ideology—a painful belief that held the aristocracy of the wizarding world at their throats. Yet, despite the chokehold, they made no attempts to release themselves from it. They enjoyed the pain that came with it.

At these times, pure-blood supremacy had never been more rampant. Only those who were the true descendants of wizards had any value. Those born from those ignorant of the ways of our world were filthy, disgusting creatures, despite having all the capabilities of those who dictated that philosophy.

In the eyes of some, having a single Muggle ancestor was enough to dirty your blood. I thought it was ridiculous, but it was the death penalty for them. Since the dawn of magic, my family has been one of the purest blood. Not a single non-magic person had come to taint it. We were as grand and supreme as the other Sacred families.

That was until... my great-grandfather. My ancestors had finally narrowed themselves down to one remaining bloodline. My great-grandfather was his parents' only child and it was his duty to make sure our lineage continued, or so it was believed.

One day, he fell in love with a Muggle woman. She liked to make beautiful dresses and he became mesmerised with how her fingers wove every thread. He could watch her for hours, days, or even weeks. At the first opportunity he had, he ran away from home, disowning our heritage, and married her.

That was enough to sever our ties. By the most extreme families, we were branded as blood traitors. My great-great grandfather did all he could to repair the damage and persuade some of the smaller families, but it was too late to produce more children.

My great-grandfather eventually had a son, my grandfather. He was the first half-blood of our lineage. He would then marry a witch and have a child who would be my mother.

Her entire life, my mother had been resentful of my great-grandfather. She despised him for throwing away a life of comfort and riches for some Muggle bimbo. Because of that hatred, she never learned to believe in love. She believed that it was a kind of emotion to be toyed with and manipulated to get the best rewards. However, as she was technically a half-blood, nobody would take her. I never found out who my father was. Mother refused to tell me. Honestly, she probably didn't know. All that mattered was that he was a wizard... as that would make me the first pure-blood child of the new lineage.

Mother didn't let me go to school. She thought she could teach me everything I needed to know. How to dress up, clean every single stain, fold the impossible sheets, and do every other house cleaning chore under the sun. Any wish of my master was my command. Why did she do this?

It was because she wanted what was rightfully hers. The riches. The glory. The fame. She wanted what was stolen from her. Every day, she told me the same thing: 'You are the most precious thing I own.' It was only later in life that I realised she hadn't felt any joy from me being her daughter. Her joy stemmed from the opportunity I granted her.

And that opportunity came the day the Malfoys were looking for a new housekeeper. Years of pretending I was the bastard child of a rich pure-blood family could finally end as long as I got the job.

Of course, I was flawless, so there was no reason not to hire me. My mother insisted that she work there too, due to my younger age. They had no reason to refuse, and so began the task my mother had trained me for: