Care For a Drink? [Percival Graves] (B)

Percival Graves x Reader (BiteSize)

[Theme: Adult]

Requested by: Anonymous

Content Warning: This one-shot features lime content. This includes mild sexual activity.

"Sir!" I called out and jogged lightly through the MACUSA halls to catch up to my superior and good friend, Percival Graves.

He turned around on his heel with a charming beam. "How can I help you, L/N?" he asked politely with his hands held behind his back. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat tonight." I proposed while trying to ignore my beating heart. It had been a while since he and I had gone out together...

His smile wavered and there was the murkiest sign of... disgust? "I'm afraid not. Now that we've secured Mr Scamander's suitcase, we need to investigate the cause of these damages."

To try to divert him from my disappointment, I brushed my hand through my hair and bit my bottom lip before fortifying myself. "I understand. Sorry, sir. I'll get back to work."

Graves grabbed my wrist as I went to leave and gently pulled me back to face him. His eyes were slightly closed with remorse. "I'll make it up to you." He pulled my hand to his lips. "Where did you get this ring?" he questioned casually.

I tilted my head in confusion. "You bought me it for my birthday a few months ago. Don't you remember?" To think he made such a big deal about keeping it secret from everyone else to now forget...

He let go and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "It slipped my mind. Regardless, another time, perhaps."

"Right." I said uncertainly, "Sure..."

.....

I wish I had called him out there and then. Something was wrong, I knew it was, but I didn't have the evidence to say anything. Why would Picquery ever believe a regular member of FBCNVO over the Director of Magical Security himself? 

We all ran to follow Graves and wound up in the Underground. Within minutes, rubble surrounded us and sunlight poured in from the hole in the tiled ceiling. Bolts of magic shot past me from the Aurors at my side, skimming through my hair and disappearing as Graves batted them away like fruitflies. 

How could he? How could the man I knew to be so kind and gentle to me grow to be like this? Was I nothing more than a pawn in his games? He wanted the Obscurial. That was all. 

Alongside me, Picquery watched on in silence as Graves marched closer. His eyes showed only malice and contempt. This was his last stand. 

In the heat of the moment, Scamander let loose one of his creatures which dropped a net onto Graves, allowing him to tug and restrain Graves to nothingness. Even Graves was momentarily shocked and gave in when Goldstein took his wand away. 

"Revelio." Scamander cast with his wand. 

Beads of sweat dripped down Graves's forehead but the maniacal grin never left his face. What once was dark hair and slightly tanned skin turned to a petrified white. It was never Graves that betrayed us. It was...

"Mister Grindelwald." Picquery remarked with tense composure. Two Aurors dragged him away at once and I collapsed onto the edge of the platform. 

My headache was immense to the point the walls were spinning slightly. No amount of pressing my hands to my face would get rid of that feeling. It was so much to comprehend. I was right and nothing would take that away from me. These months of suspicion didn't amount to jitters and conspiracy. They were real.