Pranksters of Snakes and Lions [Fred Weasley]

Fred Weasley x Reader

[Theme: Student]

There are two categories of people in this world: those who prank and those who get pranked. The latter category is at the whims of the former and lives in fear each day of what the pranksters could come up with next. Hogwarts has been blessed with the most prestigious and influential prankster to ever grace its halls, and their name is-

"FRED WEASLEY!" McGonagall's voice boomed across the Great Hall, causing my quill to scratch across the edge of the paper. 

A deep breath was required to steady my nerves as a streak of ginger dashed across to hide within a group of students sitting behind me. He held his head down, much to the disgruntlement of those near to him, but his iconic hair made him stand out like a sore thumb. I sighed and went back to trying to gather my thoughts.

"Think I got rid of her?" Fred asked his friends with a stupid grin.

Hermione rolled her eyes and went back to reading her book, "And what exactly did you pull this time?" she asked in annoyance.

If it wasn't for the fact that this could be crucial information, I'd have tuned the conversation out and focused on my manifesto. However, notes on the Weasley twins were more valuable than gold. My best friend and co-prankster, Lia, tried her best to look nonchalant as she peered over her shoulder at the commotion. 

"I may have given a first year a Puking Pastille without telling him exactly what the effects were. But can I really be to blame? It's in the name." Fred said proudly, arms wide as if he were at an award ceremony. "Maybe next time I'll-"

"You'll do what, Mister Weasley?" 

Fred didn't get to finish his next proclamation and shrunk to half his size when he heard the calm yet piercing voice of McGonagall come from behind. Lia and I had to stifle a giggle lest we draw her attention to us. I'd much rather McGonagall didn't inform Snape that she caught us rigging his classroom with sludge. 

Surprisingly, the smile on Fred's face did not subside. He turned around to face McGonagall, who had her arms sternly crossed. 

Lia leaned over and whispered in my ear, "How do you think he'll get himself out of this one?" 

"No idea," I replied, "but I'm sure the result will be hilarious." 

Fred straightened his back and looked McGonagall dead in the eyes, ignoring the crowd he had gathered. "I was just saying that maybe next time I'll..." he looked around and found his focus, "I'll help Ron study! That's it, isn't it, Ronald?" 

Ron's face was filled with bewilderment. "I'd bloody well reckon not. Last thing I need is you helping me with Transfig-"

"What he means to say, Professor," Fred interjected, "is that he's really looking forward to it."

McGonagall pursed her lips and her eyes squinted in doubt. "If that'll be the case, then I expect Outstandings from you both next mock exams. Do I make myself clear?"

"Absolutely, Professor." he agreed eagerly, again realising the mistake it is to challenge McGonagall. 

She wandered off but not before allowing herself to show a smug beam. 

Ron had his head in his hands and was trying his best to mitigate the migraine that was spawning. "Why would you bring me into this?" he said with exasperation. It was no secret that Ron had issues with Transfiguration since his first year and the great wand escapade of his second year did little to remedy his confidence. 

Sensing it was time to make my move, I nudged Lia. "Watch this." 

Getting up from my table, I came and placed my hands on both of Fred's shoulders. My green and silver tie draping over him told him in a second who it was.