Mom lets out a chuckle as she comes to stand behind me. She adjusts some of the curls falling to the middle of my back. "No, sweetheart. Just enjoy every second of your big day."

A sudden burst of excitement hits, and I jump up to hug Mom. "I'm getting married," I shriek.

She lets out a burst of laughter, then shoves me back down on the stool. "Makeup time. She scrunches her nose. "I

should've hired someone to help you with your hair and makeup"

I shake my head. "Hell no. I want to do it myself and know it's done right. I'd kill the person for the slightest mistake."

"Just like your father," she mutters.

I chuckle, finding it amusing because I'm actually more like her

Violet comes rushing into the room. "Sorry, I'm late. I totally overslept." Her eyes land on me. She hugs my mom

and gives my shoulder a squeeze

"It's okay." I smile at my friend.

Luca's mom joins us, and together we spend the rest of the afternoon getting ready.

My heart is full, and the tears keep threatening to fall as the time to walk down the aisle comes closer.

The past three months have been both difficult and extraordinary. When my cast came off, I was given a leg brace for support. It was a huge relief and although I can't stand for long periods, being able to walk is fantastic and something I'll never take for granted again.

Some function has returned to the ring finger of my right hand. I can't straighten it all the way, but anything is better than nothing. I took the win and made peace with the rest.

Even though there were hard times, Luca never wavered.

Instead, his love for me grew, and he made a point of showing

me every day that I'm the only woman for him.

I'm lucky.

I have everything my heart desires and so much more.

After our mothers and Violet leave the room, Dad appears

in the doorway. Our eyes meet in the mirror's reflection, and

my throat instantly tightens with overwhelming emotion.

"I can't cry," I warm him. "Don't say anything. Just walk me down the aisle." When I turn around, I have to breathe as Dad's eyebrows draw together and tears start to shine in his

eyes

"Christ, printsessa," he rasps. "You look like a vision."

I suck in deep breaths, fanning my face with my hand.

"My makeup."

Pride fills Dad's eyes as he holds out his arm for me to

take. I place my hand in the crook of his arm, and we leave the

room, both doing our best to breathe through the emotions.

We stop just shy of the sliding doors.

We're ready," he tells Violet, who quickly gestures to the intimate orchestra Dad arranged for today.

The opening notes of Pachelbel, Canon in D Major, start to

fill the air

"Oh God," I groan, blinking furiously.

Dad sucks in a deep breath. "It's been my greatest honor raising you, Mariya."

"Daddy," I whimper, the tears starting to flow.