...

His features are so tense that he looks deadly. "I fucking hate repeating myself."

And I hate how you make me feel because it reduces me to a lesser version of myself, and it makes me act irrational.

I push up, but Luca doesn't move, and it only puts our

faces a hair's width from each other.

"Move." I hiss. "I want to take a nap so I can get rid of this

godforsaken hangover that you are making worse."

"Mariya," he warns with suppressed anger, his tone downright dangerous. "You. Will. Sleep. Next. To. Me." Jesus, the man is hot when he's angry.

I crawl out from beneath him before I do something stupid,

muttering, "God, you're infuriating." I yank the covers out of the way and lie down with my back turned to him. "Don't even breathe in my direction." With a huff, I punch the pillow, but it only makes Luca's scent explode into my face.

Everything smells like him. It's the sweetest freaking torture ever.

The room grows dark as the electric curtains slide closed, then the bed dips beneath his weight.

My spine is stiff, every inch of me way too aware of the

man lying beside me.

I shut my eyes, trying to think of everything possible except Luca and the damn marriage. I even try counting sheep, but it doesn't work.

"I prefer sleeping on my left side." I mutter.

"Then turn around."

"No. Swap places with me."

"No."

I glance over my shoulder at Luca, who looks relaxed with his right arm tucked behind his head. He lets out a sigh. “I sleep between you and the door."

"Why? You think I'll try to make a run for it?"