...

True. Anyone would be stupid to attack Viktor, never mind Viktor and Luca. Plus, I can hold my own in a fight with all the training my dad's given me.

A server brings a bottle of champagne, flutes, two tumblers of whiskey, and a cherry bomb shot.

A smile tugs at my mouth as I pick up my drink. There's nothing I love more than cherries. Even though I'm already tipsy-ish from all the champagne, I practically down my alcoholic beverage, looking for the courage to get through this weekend at the bottom of the glass.

Viktor lets out a deep chuckle, shaking his head. "At this rate, we'll have to carry you out of here in less than an hour." Ignoring Viktor's remark, I settle my gaze on the server. "Two more."

"One," Viktor corrects my order. "Just one." He gives me a look of warning. "Slow down."

Letting out a huff, I get up and walk to the dance floor. I don't care that I'm alone as I move to the middle of the elite crowd. Finding a space to dance, I close my eyes and let the music take me, hoping it will carry me miles away from the harsh reality that Luca will soon belong to another woman.

I lose myself in the beat, a relaxing buzz bubbling through my veins. My feet feel light, my body supple, and soon my mind clears of all the negative thoughts.

This is my happy place. Just me and the music.

I wish Violet were here.