CHAPTER 41

Before starting.....
Hey sweetheart i forgot to upload i just noticed its been months im so sorry guys🫠
I love you all so much....take care of yourself my sweetsugars!! 🫶💜

Let's begin....

Mariya

Staring at the wedding dress, hanging against the wall in my bedroom at my parents' house, I feel super emotional.

Even though Luca and I are married, I'm anxious. I've worked hard the past three months to make sure the wedding is perfect, and now that everything is out of my hands, and the day has arrived, I'm a nervous wreck.

When Dad comes in, he takes one look at my face, then holds his arms open. I rush into his safe embrace and give in to the nerves

As if I'm not emotional enough, Dad says, "No matter where this life takes you, you'll always be my baby girl, printsessa."

"Oh, Daddy," I sob like a baby.

He cradles me tighter to his chest, his voice hoarse as he says, "The day you took your first breath... Christ, Mariya," he inhales deeply, trying to compose himself, and it only makes me cry harder. "You had me wrapped around your little finger from day one. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you."

I nod against his chest, sniffling, "I know. I'm so lucky to have you as my father."

"You've chosen well, baby-girl. Luca will give you the world while killing anyone who threatens you." He takes a deep breath. "You chose well."

"I know. I've got good taste, I chuckle. Pulling back, 1 look up into my father's eyes. "I'm glad you approve."

Dad lifts a hand and tugs on one of the soft curls 1 styled my hair in. "If you ever need me, I'm just a call away"

I nod, a tear rolling down my cheek again.

"Besides your mother, there isn't a soul alive I love more than you. You're my world, Mariva."

"Jesus, Daddy," I mutter as the tears come faster, then I hug him again. "I love you so much." My dad holds me until I manage to calm down again, but I have to swallow hard as 1 look up at him. "Thank you for being the best father in the world and spoiling me rotten"

"You're welcome, my little printsessa."

I grin at him as I wipe the tears away from beneath my eyes. "You haven't called me little in a long time."

"Because you've grown into an amazing woman

"Only because of you and Mami."

Just then, Mom comes into the bedroom. She takes one

look at Dad and me, then points to the door. "Alexei! Stop

making Mariya cry Look at her face! The wedding is in two.

hours, and you've got her sobbing."

Dad chuckles as he walks to Mom and silences her with a

kiss, then he says, "I love it when you get all bossy. It's a turn-on."

"Daddy," I shriek. "I don't need to hear that."

"How do you think you were made?" Dad chuckles as he walks out of the room

"God, the older he gets, the more impossible he becomes," Mom mutters as she grabs a tissue and starts to dab it at my cheeks. "You're all blotchy."

"The makeup will cover it." I assure her.

Walking to my dressing table, I sit down. Then 1 pause and look at Mom. "Is there anything emotional you want to tell me

that will make me cry?"