...

My head snaps back, instant anger flooding my veins.

No one shouts at me.

Stepping closer to Luca, I give him a look of warning. "Don't shout at me! You're not the only one at war. My ovaries are currently tearing down my insides, and it hurts like a fucker. I'm overemotional and moody as hell, and I just went out to get my favorite snacks because there's nothing to eat in your damn house."

Luca shakes his head, looking a little confused. "Your

what is what?"

"I'm on my period," I mutter. Pushing past him, I put the bag on the counter and take out the Ibuprofen. I pop two into

my mouth and wash them down with some water.

Luca just stares at me as I grab a chocolate bar. "Get used to it, my husband. Blood's going to flow freely for the next week." I slump down on the couch, press my rechargeable heating pad against my abdomen, and let out a relieved sigh when I peel the wrapping back from the chocolaty goodness I've desperately needed all day.

Just as I take a bite, my abdomen decides it's a good day to up the voltage of my cramps. I bring my legs up, curling into the corner and pressing the heating pad harder against my skin. "Jesus, the Ibuprofen better kick in soon," I whisper to myself.

It was a shit show when Aunt Flo showed up. I was in the middle of unpacking and had no freaking idea where my

tampons were. I'm a heavy bleeder. It took me thirty minutes and half a toilet paper roll before I finally found the damn tampons.

I hear Luca take the stairs up to our bedroom.

Shit, the closet is a mess. He's probably going to yell at me. I didn't expect him home so soon, though. I check the time, noticing it's only two pm.