...

As careful as I can, I remove the bandage with trembling fingers. My eyebrows draw together, and I swallow hard on the urge to cry when I see the swollen, red hole that's still seeping blood.

A strangled whimper escapes me. "Where's the first aid kit?"

"There's a bag in the closet by my suits." Luca wraps his right hand around the back of my neck before I can turn away from him. He locks eyes with me. "Deep breaths, amore mio. I'm okay."

"You're not! I could've lost you today," I cry and quickly losing control over my emotions, I pull free and run up the stairs. I find the bag where Luca said it would be and bundle it into my arms.

Calm down. Your parents trained you for this. Get your shit together

When I turn around, Luca comes into the bedroom, his features tight from exhaustion.

"Sit on the bed," I order as I rush to him. I plant the bag on the covers, and opening it, I start yanking bandages, antiseptic wipes, and anything else I can get my hands on from the large first aid kit.

"You need stitches," I gasp, my emotions spiraling. "It's been years since my mom showed me."

As part of my training, my parents taught me how to take care of wounds, but none of that prepared me for this.

"There's Dermabond in the bag," Luca says.

When he reaches for the bag, I shove his hand away. "Don't move. I've got this." I take deep breaths to calm down so I can tend to my man's wound. "I've got this," I repeat.

"Stop, Mariya," Luca orders.

My eyes dart to his face. "Have you lost your mind? You're bleeding!"