...

She thinks for a moment. "Pasta. My mom makes the best Alfredo."

The corner of my mouth lifts.

Her gaze rests on my face. "And you?"

"As long as it has meat in it, I'll eat it," I chuckle.

A server brings the chilled sparkling water and pours some into our glasses. When we're alone again, I lock eyes with Mariya. "I think it's time we talk about where to go from here."

Mariya lets out a sigh, clearly not in the mood for this conversation. "Okay."

"I want you to make yourself at home in the apartment," I start with something easy which shouldn't turn into a fight.

"It's going to take a while before it will feel like home,"

she admits. She thinks for a moment, then asks, "Can I add

color to the place?"

"Sure. As long as it doesn't look like a unicorn went to town on it." I take a sip of my water, then relax back in the chair before I say, "We'll share a bedroom. Even if we fight, there's no sleeping in separate rooms."

A nervous expression tightens her features. "What about intimacy? Where do we stand on that?"

"Were you okay with the kiss?"

Mariya stares at me until I start to worry that the kiss wasn't such a good idea after all, but then she nods. "I'm okay with kissing."

Thank you, Jesus!

CHOSEN BY A SINNER (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara