...

Once I'm dressed in a clean suit and I come down the

stairs, Viktor points at a plate with grilled cheese sandwiches. "Eat up." "I see you also can't cook for shit," I taunt him. I take a

seat at the island and pull the plate closer.

"Yeah, but I can take you out in seconds," he mutters as he stares at his phone.

"What are you looking at?"

"Footage of Rosalie destroying her bedroom again."

"How long do you plan on keeping her locked up?" Viktor knows I'm not happy with him taking the Sicilian girl. When he just shrugs, I ask, "You don't think she's suffered enough. We killed her family. Let her go."

His eyes snap to mine. "And then what? Like you said, we wiped out her family. Rosalie has nowhere to go, Luca. I'm

keeping her because I fucking care. I'm not about to throw her out on the street at the age of eighteen with nowhere to go. That would be fucking cruel. With time she'll realize I'm only trying to help."

"I don't think that's going to happen. Put yourself in her shoes. If someone took out your family, would you ever trust a single thing they do for you?"

"I'm done talking about this," he growls.

We've had this conversation before, and it always ends with Viktor shutting it down. just

Letting out a sigh, I eat the grilled cheese sandwiches to fucking please him so I can get back to the hospital.

Viktor tucks his phone away, then locks eyes with me. "I just want to take care of her. Please leave it at that."

I nod and finish the food. "Let's go. I need to get back to my wife."

When we step into the elevator, Viktor glances at me. "I'm glad you married Mariya."