...

Wearing a simple white cocktail dress, she looks stunning. Then again, she'll look gorgeous in anything. A happy smile never leaves her face as she stares up at me, her eyes sparkling like polished stones.

I've never seen her like this- carefree. She's always been overly polite or downright cold. But not tonight. Not with the alcohol rushing through her blood.

If I didn't know any better, I would've mistaken the sparkle for love. Knowing that's not the case, I need to get this wedding done before she sobers up.

I impatiently gesture for Elvis to hurry the fuck up. He rambles through the practiced lines until I finally get to push my ring onto Mariya's finger.

It looks perfect on her.

I clear my throat, then lock eyes with Mariya. "You probably won't remember a word I say, but I'm going to say it anyway." My hand grips hers, and our fingers intertwine. "You're the only woman for me, Mariya. I've waited patiently while building my empire, and now that I'm the head of -" I catch myself before saying Italian mafia in front of Elvis. "Now that I'm at the top, there's only one thing missing from my life." I step closer to her as I admit, "You." My thumb brushes over the diamond on her finger. "Everything I have, everything I am, is yours, Mariya."

After I have to help her push the ring on my finger, she places a hand against my jaw and stares up at me again. "Do you feel it, Luca?"

CHOSEN BY A SINNER (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara