41.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Off Season
📍Jamaica
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

It was day three of our six-day trip in Jamaica, and we had already packed so much into our time here. We had visited Blue Hole, I went on and on about it being our first attraction, he really enjoyed the waterfall and so did I despite slipping and twisting my ankle a bit, nothing ice couldn't heal. We visited Rick's Cafe, where I summoned the courage to jump off the cliff with him, plunging into the water, I said I'd never do something like that but, he talked me into it and it wasn't so bad after all.

Dining at Pier One was a culinary delight. We even made a trip to Blue Lagoon, where the serene waters captivated us. It was a long drive but it was really worth it, Jude took pictures of everything for himself and Jobe, since he begged us to show him everything.

But amidst the excitement of exploring Jamaica, what truly warmed my heart was witnessing the genuine affection and admiration everyone had for Jude. Everywhere we went, people approached him with smiles and kind words, eager to capture a moment with him. Although he was used to this, he stated, he underestimated how recognized he would be, I had to remind him he was on the island of sports, whether it was track & field, football, or cricket Jamaicans love sports and are very much aware of athlete, especially the good ones.

It wasn't overbearing as we still had peace and privacy but before we got to that stage, his fans wanted their time with him first.

Our villa in Negril was a sanctuary of luxury, with its stunning beachfront views and the attentive care of our private chef. Each meal was a culinary masterpiece, a fusion of local flavors and international delights.

"I forgot how hot it gets this time of year," I remarked as we stepped into the villa, greeted by the refreshing blast of the air conditioning. We had spent the day at Chukka Tours, mostly riding ATV bikes and zip-lining through the canopy.

"Yeah, it's really hot," Jude agreed with a nod.

"It feels like we're right under the devil's balls," I joked, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

We had picked up some food from Ms. Lily's for later, I didn't want any so it was all Jude's. While I wasn't particularly fond of the taste as I've had better since we've been here, Jude on the other hand, insisted it was the best oxtail he'd ever had, so he bought more for his dinner. Our private chef was quite skilled, so I placed my order for some curry goat, which would be my dinner. We were both utterly exhausted after a full day of activities, so we decided to spend the night in.

After a quick shower to wash off the dirt from riding the ATV bikes, we decided to unwind in the indoor jacuzzi. The warm water felt soothing against our tired muscles, inviting further relaxation into our day.

"I need to get more coconut water," Jude randomly said, leaning back against the edge of the jacuzzi.

"I never expected you to become so obsessed," I chuckled, swirling the water with my hand. "We literally can't pass a stall without you wanting to stop."

"Because it's so good," he defended with a grin. "What did the guy say again?"

"'Coconut wata wash off yuh heart,'" I repeated, in patois the Jamaican dialect.

"What was that supposed to mean?" He asked making a face.

"Multiple meanings. It can mean coconut water is good for the heart, or another meaning is if you don't drink coconut water, your heart will be filled with hate and malicious ways. It's basically a Jamaican saying implying that coconut water will get rid of your dirty ways, that's the best way I can explain it."