10.

𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦
Stuck in the middle
•••

I watched in silence as Brielle disappeared into the house, the door closing behind her with a soft click. As soon as she was out of sight, I let out a sigh and leaned back against the seat, feeling the exhaustion of the night weighing heavily on my shoulders. Tonight had been fun but draining and all I wanted now was to rest.

Unlike some of the other players, I hadn't indulged in alcohol tonight. It wasn't a habit of mine, especially not when I had important games coming up. My focus needed to be sharp, my body in peak condition. So instead of drowning my sorrows in alcohol, I had chosen to stay sober.

"Where to now, Mr. Bellingham?" Arthur, my driver, spoke up, breaking the silence as the car pulled away from the curb.

I glanced at him through the rearview mirror, offering him a tired smile. "Take me to Athena's," I replied quietly, my voice barely above a whisper. My head still rested against the headrest, my gaze fixed on the passing scenery outside the window.

Athena's. The mere mention of her name brought a wave of conflicting emotions crashing over me. She was my girlfriend, or at least she used to be. Now she was just the ex I kept around. I haven't seen or spoken to her since our last fight.

But despite everything, there was still a part of me that craved the familiarity of her presence. Maybe it was the comfort of having a routine, the familiarity of having someone by my side, even if that someone wasn't always good for me.

Truth is I didn't want to be alone, I was already used to her. Maybe I was sticking to the evil I already knew.

As the car made its way through the streets of Madrid, I found myself lost in thought, my mind drifting back to the events of the night. Brielle's unexpected presence had thrown me off guard, I would have never thought I'd run into her at Elixir.

There was something about her, something that drew me in, that captured my attention in a way that no one else ever had. Maybe it was the way she carried herself, the way she stood up for herself...

Or maybe it was the way her eyes sparkled with intelligence and humor, hinting at depths that begged to be explored. I thought she was uptight, but really it was just my ego she had bruised. Truth is you can't mess with someone and expect to control their reaction, when in actuality they were allowed to react based on however they feel.

Whatever it was, I couldn't shake the feeling that Brielle was different, that she was someone worth getting to know.

The memory of her soft lips pressed against mine started to replay in my head. I didn't want to think about it too much or I'd get hard again.

I still can't believe kissed her. It was a reckless, impulsive act, born out of a moment of vulnerability and desire. And yet, as I replayed the moment in my mind, I couldn't find it in myself to regret it. There was something undeniably electrifying about the connection between us, something that felt raw and real in a way that I hadn't experienced in a long time.

I couldn't deny that I felt something for Brielle, something that went beyond mere attraction. It was a feeling that I couldn't quite put into words, but it was there, simmering just beneath the surface, waiting to be acknowledged.

And yet, as much as I wanted to explore this newfound feelings I might have for Brielle, there were obstacles standing in my way. Athena, for one, was still a presence in my life, And then there was the fact that Brielle worked with me. I didn't know what I want, another factor which might be my biggest struggle right now.