40.

𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦
London Bridge
•••

"All I'm saying is that's a silly reason to cut off your best friend," I said as I finished packing my last suitcase. Our flight leaves in a few hours, and I'm just packing typical me.

I felt like time was passing by too quickly, but it was finally the off-season, so I couldn't complain. I had a great season, so it's time to rest, have fun, and spend time with my friends and loved ones.

"You don't get it," she said. "I'd never do that to her.  If they should be a 'thing', I don't expect much from him because he's a guy, but she was literally my friend. It's just principle."

"Vini got Athena pregnant, and I haven't said another word about it. We're still cool; I even congratulated him," I shrugged, scanning the contents before me as I tried to figure out what I hadn't packed.

"Underwear," she said, noticing my gaze.

"Right!" I said, snapping my fingers.

"It's girl code; she knows she's wrong too. On top of it, she called me a control freak and said if I truly loved you, I wouldn't care who she dated, even if it was Trent. That was so low."

"I agree with her," I said, which drew a shocked expression from her. "Why do you care so much? You've moved on. Do you still have feelings for him?"

"No!" she exclaimed frustratedly. "Why isn't anyone getting it? It's less about him and more about the principle of it all. You never date someone your friend once liked or had feelings for."

"Brielle, you're not in high school. People are allowed to date anyone they choose to. Besides, you and that geezer weren't even that serious. It's not like we broke up and she's coming after me; then you would have a strong case. You being upset about her dating Todd is quite petty, really," I said as I grabbed as much underwear as I could, along with my gaming console. I never take a trip without it.

She looked at me confused. Todd, Tony, Trichomoniasis, whatever his name was. Not important.

"I knew you wouldn't get it," she mumbled.

"What did you expect me to say? 'Fuck Serena for dating a guy you used to date, a guy I currently hate? A guy who I think is madly in love with you?"I responded, a bit confused. "Why does it bother you so much? I mean, like I said Vini got my ex pregnant, and I don't even care so you shouldn't care about Serena and Tim."

Her brows furrowed as she looked at me, her frustration evident. "You can't possibly compare both situations, he's not your best friend and if he were you'd feel betrayed."

Just as I thought, no denial of my allegations.

"I wouldn't, because I moved on, I no longer have feelings for Athena so I would wish them the best, wish them a chance at happiness. That's exactly what you should do for Serena" I said.

"Jude, who died and crowned you Mr. so mature? You can't possibly think I'd believe that, you would definitely feel betrayed on some level." She insisted.

I sighed. "Baby, it's not about being 'Mr. Mature.' It's about recognizing if Serena is happy with this guy, then that's all that matters. We can't hold onto the past forever."