34.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Enough
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

"I still can't believe you left," Reece said, her voice carrying a hint of surprise as she ran into me just as I was leaving my last class for the day. Her presence caught me off guard, her appearance notably different from the last time I saw her.

Her eyes weren't sunken anymore, her hair was neatly pulled back into a ponytail, and she even looked like she had taken the time to wash up. Clad in a cute outfit and emitting a faint scent of freshly showered skin which was new to me, she seemed like a different person altogether.

"Well, you didn't exactly make living there easy," I replied, adjusting the strap of my bag over my shoulder as I prepared to head home.

"Look," she began, her tone earnest, "I'm really sorry. I've done some reflecting, and I realize I wasn't fair to you at all. I lost myself in that relationship— all the drugs, drinking, partying, sex, orgies, oh the drugs I took so m..."

"Reece, where are you going with this?" I interrupted, I wasn't looking to be further traumatized than I already was.

"Sorry, it's just that I broke up with Luis," Reece continued, her voice tinged with sincerity. "I didn't like the person I was becoming with him, and upon reflection, I now see what I was putting you through. I am so sorry. I know I've apologized to you several times before, but this time it's different. I lost myself, I found myself, and I'm seeing things for what they really are."

I took a moment to process her words, letting them sink in as I searched for the right response.

"Thank you," I began, a genuine smile forming on my lips. "I'm really happy you made that decision for yourself, and I wish you all the best on your journey."

"I've been wanting to have this talk with you for a while now," she continued, a hint of regret in her voice. "But it's sad that we shared a space, and I didn't even know your major or had any way of reaching you. I even stooped as low as asking Trent-"

"Trent?" I interrupted, my voice perked up a bit. "What exactly did you ask him?"

"Luis had told me you two gotten close so I asked if he had contact for you but he said he didn't so I'm just happy I ran into you" she said.

"I see" I said, either he deleted my number or respected my boundaries because to be fair I hated when people gave out my number. "Well you to take care of yourself"

I gave her a pat on the shoulder before walking off, I took a deep breath as the wind blew my hair in my face. Tears threatened to spill over, but I fought to hold them back. All I wanted was to be home, away from the chaos that seemed to follow me everywhere.

It felt like I couldn't catch a break with Jude. First, the indirect denial of our relationship in the video, and now, news of a leaked chat of him with some girl from a high-end dating app frequented by athletes, musicians, and actors. Once again he was on some messy page, for a reason that hurts me. I refused to take his calls or answered his messages.

Ignoring the incessant ringing of my phone, I needed space to breathe, to process everything that had happened and what I wanted to do to move forward.

As I requested an Uber, my mind raced with thoughts and emotions, each one competing for dominance as I waited for the car to arrive. When it finally pulled up, I climbed in, wishing I could blink and be home.