39.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Girl Code
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

"I can finally breathe!" I rejoiced, "freedom!"

"B, you've been saying this for the past three days," Serena laughed.

"I know, but this time I mean it!" I insisted, a wide grin spreading across my face. "No more exams, no more late-night study sessions... just pure, unadulterated freedom!"

She chuckled, shaking her head at my enthusiasm. "Felt that" she said. "But seriously, you've been bouncing off the walls ever since you finished your last exam."

"I can't help it!" I exclaimed. "It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, you know? I feel like I can finally breathe again!"

"Brielle you're being dramatic," Serena teased, rolling her eyes playfully. "But I get it. We've been working so hard, and now it's finally over"

As the days turned into weeks, I found myself relishing in the newfound sense of freedom. With my final exams behind me and the semester officially over, I was ready to embrace whatever adventures lay ahead.

"Venice, Italy," Serena said her voice filled with excitement as we strolled down the cobblestone streets, soaking in the beauty of our surroundings.

"The beauty you are." I ended her sentence.

She had whisked me away for a few days, she wasn't taking no for an answer and after all, I could truly use these days because before you know it, I'll be taking that trip to Jamaica with Jude then we'll be off to Paris before I return for my internship. I was simply content with my life for the first time in forever.

"It's even more breathtaking than I imagined," I said, gazing in wonder at the historic buildings and picturesque canals that surrounded us. We wandered through the winding streets, stopping to admire the charming boutiques and quaint cafes that lined our path.

"I can't believe we're actually here," I said, a wide smile spreading across my face.

"Believe it!" Serena exclaimed, linking her arm with mine. "And we're making the most of every moment."

We spent the day exploring Venice, hopping on and off vaporetto boats to visit iconic landmarks like St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace. We wandered through the bustling markets of Rialto, sampling delicious gelato and browsing the stalls filled with colorful fruits and vegetables.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the city, we found ourselves at the edge of the Grand Canal. We watched in awe as gondolas glided gracefully along the water, their gondoliers singing traditional Italian songs.

"This is truly magical," I murmured, feeling a sense of contentment wash over me.

"It really is," Serena agreed, her eyes sparkling with joy. "And it's only the beginning."

"I never ever want to leave, I can't believe it's out last day," I mumbled.

"You don't mean that, because this morning you went on and on about how much you missed Jude, mind you, you had just gotten off the phone with him," she pointed out with a smirk.

"Wow, you were waiting to clock me with that weren't you," I laughed, realizing she had caught me red-handed.

"Yes, because this was supposed to be a no-talking-about-Jude and no-gossiping trip," she said, her tone teasing yet playful, considering I all did was talk about Jude and she was usually the biggest gossip of all. She knew everything about everyone.