14.

𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦
It's over
•••

My younger brother Jobe, who didn't use social media that much somehow still managed to have an eye for almost everything messy online, sent me a screen-recording of Athena's live earlier today. I had to admit I was afraid of watching it because she really goes on the internet and just say anything sometimes.

After a deep exhale, I clicked play.

"The bag in that photo, I'm not sure about the cost my boyfriend bought it. It was a gift." She said still reading the comments. I knew exactly what bag it was, it was the pink Birkin she nagged me about last summer.

I was reading her comments and they all seemed to be about me. I couldn't understand their obsession, we broke up four months ago but then she gets up randomly and feed her follower this crap, fueling the obsession. I shook my head as I continued to watch.

"You're so pretty" She read, "thank you" she replied.

"Jude is so lucky to have you," she read, "He is" she replied. I paused the video staring blankly ahead what is wrong with this girl? Anyone who's watching is obviously going to think we're still together.

She stopped looking at the comments and went back to focusing on doing her makeup. "I won't be at his game tomorrow, I don't have to be there physically to support him. He knows he has my support. I saw a comment earlier asking me that by the way"

I rolled my eyes, she can't come to the game because I didn't invite her. If she's seated amongst the regular supporters as opposed to where is reserved for persons linked to the players or officials are, it's going to be obvious we aren't together which for some reason she can't afford to let happen.

She looked back the comments and smiled "the Van cleef necklace was one of the gifts I got on Valentine's Day. Are you guys slow? obviously my man did that."

She was still staring at the comments before she said "well who do you think, I spent v day with. Whoever you guess, that's who gifted me the van cleef"

She used my card while I was asleep to purchase that. I couldn't believe when I saw the charges for it and other things.

"Are you and Jude still together?" She read with a smile, "Forever locked in" she replied. I couldn't watch anymore.

I called her immediately. I couldn't even be angry I was just annoyed at her.

"Hey" she said once she picked up.

"Hey, have you lost your mind?" I asked her calmly.

"Sometimes but then I'll find it. What's up?" She asked with a little laugh.

"Why are you parading on Instagram as if we're still together. You seriously need to stop that. This is the last time I'm having this conversation with you too" I warned.

"Why does it matter if I do that? Is it that you have someone because who am I hurting really? Why do you care?" She fired back. It was the day before a game, Athena knows I was not about to argue with her.

"You know what. I think I've had enough. Delete my number. I'm done. I'm done talking to you, done fucking you. Done." I said before hanging up.

The only way we both can move on is if we just stopped all communications and interactions. I think it's finally time to let go of her. It's time for me to move on.

The call hasn't ended a minute before a text came in from her.

Athena: Jude please don't do this.

We have been over. It's time to let go Ats.

I sent the text then deleted her number. I went on Instagram and unfollowed her. The blogs can do the rest, my actions after her insinuations, will let them see the truth.

I took a deep breath now, to think about what actually mattered. Brielle hadn't responded and I wasn't going to hold my breath. I know I'd just have to wait until I see her. I had to admit she was the first girl who I didn't have instantly. I feel like I'd have to work for her and I didn't mind. I would change and be the best version of myself for her, if she would let me there's nothing I wouldn't do.

"I thought you said you were done with Alisson" Mom said as she came into the living room where I laid, I couldn't bother to correct her. I knew who she was talking.

"I am. I just called her told her it's over over no more conversations nothing" I told her.

"Oh cause I had seen-

"Mom, why are you on these gossip sites" I said looking at her.

"What? The video literally came up on my tiktok for you page" she said, I raised an eyebrow at the mention of Tiktok.

"You're on Tiktok?" I asked trying to see if my ears were deceiving me.

"Yes, I keep seeing the edits your supporters make of you. Don't get me started on the captions. I'm a bit disturbed" she said sounding a bit concerned which made me laugh.

"I've seen them, some are a bit extreme but I like it" I laughed.

"I'm not talking to you about that, anyway. I know I raised a gentleman. I need you to find a sensible girl, doesn't have to be now and do right by her. You see how your  dad treats me. I expect you to do the same and even better. That toxic mess you got yourself in with Akeela, don't let it happen again or else I'll have to slap some sense into you"

She continued, her tone softening with each word, "I want you to experience the beauty of real love, son. It's patient, kind, and it doesn't tear you down. It builds you up and makes you better. Promise me you'll wait for that kind of love."

Her words struck a chord within me, stirring emotions I hadn't dared to confront. I nodded, feeling the weight of her expectations settle on my shoulders. "I promise, Mom. I'll do better."

Her smile was gentle, but there was a hint of sadness in her eyes. "I know you will, sweetheart. You have so much love to give, and you deserve someone who will cherish it."

We sat in silence for a moment, the weight of her words hanging in the air between us. Then, with a sigh, she reached out and took my hand. "I'm here for you, Jude. Always remember that."

Her touch was comforting, grounding me in the midst of my swirling thoughts. "Thank you, Mom," I whispered, feeling a surge of gratitude for her unwavering support.