21.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Boundaries
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

Jude's driver, Arthur, dropped me back on campus, and as I stepped out of the car, a wave of sadness came over me. I wish it could've been longer I know he needed his rest after all, he had a big day ahead of him tomorrow, and I had... well, I had school. I trudged my way towards the dorm's entrance, dragging my feet reluctantly. Returning to campus was never a pleasant experience.

"They having you doing overtime now?" a familiar voice called out from behind me. I recognized the voice immediately – it was Trent. I glanced down at my uniform, smiling at his assumption.

I turned around to see Trent, who was carrying a bag of groceries.

"No," I laughed as I nervously scratched my head, "they have you cooking for the whole flat now?"

I gestured towards the big bag of groceries in his hand, attempting to divert the conversation. He chuckled and shook his head. "No, just me. Tonight, I'm making steak," he replied, a hint of pride in his voice.

"Sounds nice" I nodded, quite impressed he knew how to do that. We walked up to elevator pressing the upwards arrow.

"You should come over, I'll serve you a plate" He offered, I looked at him wondering how I'd even reply to that.

"Don't overthink it, Brielle. Friends eat," he said, his tone light and easy as he walked past me. "I'll text you when I'm done, or you can come keep me company while I cook. I've been meaning to ask you about that class I missed last week."

"Uh I could send you the notes for that," I replied. As we both stepped inside, I clicked two while he clicked three.

"Thanks," he said with a smile as the elevator doors opened on my floor.

"No problem" I smiled.

As I made my way to the room, I couldn't shake the feeling of warmth that Trent's invitation gave. It's sad that I couldn't accept it. Surely I had agreed to be friends but can we actually be friends?

Reece wasn't here and I was over the moon about that. I decided to give Serena a call. She picked up after the first ring.

"It's after...9 at night. Why are you still in your uniform?" She said, looking down at the phone screen. "I'm pretty sure you ended at 3 today, unless..." she trailed off. I need to start bringing change of clothes. I couldn't leave Jude's house in his boxers and shirt so I had to put my uniform back on.

"I went over to Jude's house right after," I replied.

"Jude's house?" Serena exclaimed, her tone betraying her curiosity. "What were you doing there, did you finally have sex?"

"We watched a movie, well I barely got through it. I feel asleep because I was tired. And no we didn't, but I think we might have sex when he's back from his game though" I said casually, even though my stomach was doing backflips.

She stopped what she was doing and picked up the phone, I now had her full attention, "wait does he know..." she trailed off.

"Yea, I told him" I said releasing a sigh, "I can't lie I'm excited but I'm so nervous"