03.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
First Day
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

Being a psychology major, my last class of the day had been Abnormal Psychology, a course that always left me feeling both intrigued and exhausted.

I gathered my belongings and made my way out of the lecture hall. Today marked the beginning of a new chapter for me – my first day as a team assistant at the Real Madrid training complex located in cuidad de Real Madrid. To say I was nervous was an understatement because there's no way I'm really about to do this.

Serena's father, Mr. Ancelotti had stressed the importance of punctuality, so I made sure I got there with plenty of time to spare.

Arriving at the training complex, I was met by Miguel, my point of contact for the day. Miguel was warm and welcoming, his friendly demeanor putting me at ease as he led me through the maze-like corridors of the stadium.

As we made our way onto the training pitch my heart raced. It was pristine, bathed in the warm glow of the afternoon sun. It was here that some of the greatest athletes in the world trained and competed, and now, I have the opportunity to be a part of it all. Unbelievable.

He wasted no time in getting down to business.

"First of all, welcome," he began, his tone serious yet encouraging, "I want to make sure you understand your role here as a team assistant."

I nodded, eager to hear what he had to say.

"Your main responsibilities will revolve around organization and support," he continued. "You'll be in charge of setting up training sessions, ensuring that all the equipment is in place, and helping the coaching staff with any tasks they may need assistance with."

I listened intently, taking mental notes of my duties.

"Now, it's important to understand that you won't be directly involved in leading drills or coaching the players," Miguel explained gently. "That's a bit more complicated and requires a deeper understanding of the game. Your role is to support the coaching staff and make sure everything runs smoothly behind the scenes. We have other assistants, really nice young men and another woman they'll also help and show you the way"

I nodded again, understanding the distinction.

"And one more thing," he said, as an afterthought. "You'll be directly responsible for preparing refreshments for the players during breaks in training sessions and handing them out. It may seem like a small task, but it's important to keep the players hydrated and fueled for peak performance."

He continued, "Let me show you where to get the refreshments and how to prepare them," he said, leading me towards a designated area of the training complex.

"Here's where we keep the refreshments," he continued, gesturing to a well-stocked refrigerator and pantry. "We've got water, sports drinks, and some healthy snacks to keep the players fueled during their training sessions."

He then proceeded to show me how to prepare the refreshments, demonstrating how to fill up water bottles and arrange them neatly in a cooler for easy access. He also made sure I knew which ones to offer to the players based on their preferences and dietary restrictions. He gave me a paper that had the preferences and restrictions, which will come in handy because there's no way I'd remember all of  that.