|42| A mother's quarrel

𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨
﹥━━━━━━━━━━﹤

I've spent every day for the last three years loving Morgan.

When I hear or think of that name, it brings me an emotion that I can't recall feeling before she came into my life. It's a warm, giddy feeling. I never fail to find the corners of my mouth flexing upwards into a grin when she's mentioned.

There's a sense of pride that comes along with her being mine. And I don't take that lightly.
We might not have walked down an aisle in front of witnesses to recite "I do" to a pastor but we're meant to be, she's mine and I'm hers, for better or worse. Forever.

I've prayed for this woman— I'm still praying for this woman, and for this relationship to last.

I don't think I could love another thing as much as I love Morgan. The emotion just oozes out of me, I can't control it because mostly, I don't want to. I shouldn't have to, that's what love is - or at least, that's what she told me she admires about me the most: my passion. That's why we work so well, why we make the fire that we do, because she's equally as passionate — if not more— albeit, she shares hers more, well, positively.

While I take accountability for my fault in all of our fights up to now, I scratch my head and struggle to realize why we're here now. Or, why am alone in the house I built and moved us into, and why she's enjoying this breakup, I should say.
I know I've been a dick, sometimes I push her away, other times I hold her too close. It all comes down to me hurting her repeatedly. That's not easy or fun to admit. In fact, I feel like a piece of shit. How can I say this is the girl of my dreams and let her go? The stupid fights, the yelling matches, cussing each other out, and wishing we never met. If I could take it all away. . .

Mccht

Mccht.

Jabari sucks his teeth, his large bare feet coming stomping in the family room.

I slightly turn my head to watch him walk around the couch and sit a couple feet down from me.

"Who was that?" I ask him about his phone call.

Flailing his heavily tattooed arms, Jabari throws the phone on the coffee table and smacks his lips.

"Man, that was Jasmine's mom, callin' me and stressin' me about where her daughter is like I'm 'possed to know." He does sound stressed.

I return my attention to the tv and continue to let time go by.

"You think she okay, bro?" Asks Jabari.

I inhale deeply before saying anything but JB cuts me off, anyway.

"I mean, I don't care about her or nothin', I just wanna make sure the bitch straight." He claims.