|17| A big deal

Dedicated to SamDeeXO and my other (favorite) readers. Sorry for the delay❤️

𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨
﹥━━━━━━━━━━﹤

"Why, thank you, Christopher." Lydia says to me with a proper handshake.

I laugh at her. "Please call me Chris."

I hate when people other than Morgan, Mom, or Dad, call me Christopher, it seems condescending. When women do it, it comes off flirty.

"Well, Chris, I'm impressed. You seem to really know what you're talking about." She smiles smug.

"Well it is my job." I chuckle, showing her out of my home office.

Time got away from me, she was only supposed to pick up the blueprints to her home, but with all the questions she had, it turned into a full blown consultation; the good part being she agreed to pay me for this past hour of my time.

"Oh," Lydia's voice sounds shocked. "Going somewhere?" She asks me, seeing the luggage in the foyer.

"Not that I know of..." I scratch my head, opening the door for her.

"Again, thank you." She says but I'm hardly paying attention. I tilt my head, trying to convince myself that this isn't my luggage in the foyer.

"Yeah." I clear my throat and see her through the door before shutting it.

I step towards the suitcases and travel backpack, still stumped.

I don't remember Morgan mentioning anything about a trip, I think in my head.

Hm. The bags are full. Full of my clothes and shoes, that is.

Jesus, how long are we gonna be gone, Morgan packed a lot of my shit?

"Baby!" I jog upstairs yelling, "Babe, where we going?"

I walk down the hall and see my mother exiting my bedroom.

She looks at me, blankly, and I stare back.

There's tears streaming from her eyes, I don't hesitate to wonder why.

"Is Morgan okay?" I ask, slowly approaching our bedroom door.

Mom doesn't say anything, she only sniffles and blows her nose into a crumbled tissue.

Ignoring her, I try going inside but the door is locked.

What the hell?

I shove my shoulder into the wood and it doesn't budge.

"Is Morgan in here?" I ask my mother.

Still, she remains silent. This time, though, she painstakingly looks away from me.

"Mom, what the fuck? Answer me." I raise my voice, violently shaking the door knob.

"I'm not in it!" She yells, flailing her arms as she storms off.

Mary bumps into my father's chest and pushes him out of her way, too. He stands there, confused like I am.

I cut my eyes away from him down the hall and return to trying to open this damn door.

After banging relentlessly and shouting for Morgan, she opens the door and shoves my travel wash bag at my chest.

"Morgan, what the fuck?!" I bark as she tries to slam the door in my face but I stop it with one hand.

She stomps over to the bed and sits with her arms folded over her chest.

"You better start talking." I wait for an explanation, hands on my hips after throwing my things across the bed.