|38| Cupid

A/n: unedited. Enjoy.

𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨
﹥━━━━━━━━━━﹤

Earlier this year

The wind sweeps away our laughter that circulates through the doorless Jeep that Izzy and Lee rented for the weekend.
We told them since they're our guests they didn't have to rent a vehicle but they insisted. It was nice that they did because today and the ones to follow called for high seventies.

Something about the Jeep was careless - that's the atmosphere it created. The second I saw the red Wrangler, I knew I wanted to take it out and drop the top. We didn't have an itinerary, this was a sort of spontaneous outing, and that's not a complaint.

I look around and see all of my friend's teeth. Jasmine and Jabari lean into each other, still hysterical.
Lee and Izzy keep adding to the joke, making Morgan's sides hurt as she falls back into my lap and cries from laughing so hard.

The sky was the kind you draw - full of cumulus clouds, bright blue with the sun shining like it has every reason to. Weather like this, you can't complain. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't.

Moments like this, you realize you have it all. . .

Lee drags the wheels along a winding road, scaring the girls because he's doing 80

"Slow down, Jesus!" Izzy scolds the father of her son.

"Who's Jesus?" Lee gives her a hard time. While Izzy slaps him for the remark, I give him a laugh.

Shaking my head, I pull my leg back inside the vehicle before losing a shoe or limb.

Morgan pulls me closer to her body and asks for a kiss with her eyes.

I stare at her lips before devouring them. They're always so pink and plump and glossy. Perfect.

She smiled against my lips and pulled away, giggling.

Like an innocent child, she bats her eyelashes and then excitedly sits up once Lee parks the car.

"What is this?" She exclaims, lunging over my body to jump out of the Jeep.

"Wait for me." I laugh, stumbling out after her.

"I dunno," Lee says, walking up on Morgan and I near the cliff. "Found it on TikTok, some old abandoned park."

"I'm just glad the sun's still out, or I'd be scared." Lucy says her thoughts out loud.

"This gives me Bohemian Grove vibes." Andy also shares his thoughts aloud.

I give a short, breathy laugh and keep trailing Morgan who's venturing further into the woods.