|6| Ready to settle down

𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙖𝙣
⊱ ─────────── ⊰

Is this real? Pinch me.

I step off of the plane and walk behind a sea of people.

Weaving my way around with a smile perched on my face, I retrieve my luggage from the carousel and fix my bags so that I can haul them along without struggle.

It's been a long three months. That's 12 weeks, 90 days, 2,160 hours, 129,600 minutes, and 7,776,000 seconds. What I mean is, that's far too long without Chris.

If I smile any bigger, my face will break.

I push my phone deep into my carry-on bag and pace towards the exit. There, I stand and wait for my fiancé. I still love the sound of that: my fiancé!

It's been so long since I've seen Chris that I don't know if I want to laugh or cry. I changed my outfit four times this morning just to impress him. This feels like a first date, I'm so anxious.

I don't have to jitter with nerves much longer, though, because a new white truck aggressively parks in front of where I'm standing.
The windows are tinted, but it's an electric Ford F-150 'Lightning.' I'm impressed.

It's Chris.

I watch him lower himself out of the truck and saunter around, pushing the sunglasses over his hairline.

His hair has grown so much since I'd seen him last. That had to be a month ago. He broke me out a few times but in my last four weeks of treatment, I decided it's best to miss each other (though we did maintain some stolen phone calls.)
In the beginning, though, I broke all the rules, not caring or thinking anything would come of it. Honestly, though, space did me some good.

"CHRIS!" I shriek, dropping my bags onto the floor so that I can run to him.

I crash into the front of his body and snake my arms around him

There's that scent I've missed so much, it travels through my nose.

The scruff of his beard scratches my lips as I kiss his cheek and leave the side of my face against his in our embrace.

It seems like we're hugging for forever, his hands are rubbing my back and it feels amazing. I push my pelvis into him, trying to get as close as humanly possible.

"I missed you so much." I whisper in his ear, fighting the emotion in my throat.

"I missed you." Chris speaks low. He smiles at me once he gets a good look around my face. "You look so good."

I giggle, wiping the tears from my face. "You do, oh my gosh, look at you. Ugh, why am I crying?" I fan the moisture from my skin and laugh, walking back to pick up my bags.

Chris takes them from me and kisses my cheek, making me smile like an idiot.

He helps me to the truck and throws my things in the backseat.