|25| Put my life on the line

𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨
﹥━━━━━━━━━━﹤

"Hey, Donny, listen: I can't talk right now." I exhale deeply, picking the corner of my eyes for a second.

It's too early in the morning for his uppity ass, I think in my head as I make the bed.

"Alright, I was just callin' to check on you. When do you think you'll be back?" He questions me.

"I don't know, man." I groan, flailing my arms at Morgan who's rushing me from the bathroom. "Why, the dogs okay?"

"They're okay. Well I'll let you go," his voice falters. "tell Morgan I said hello. Safe travels."

I end the call with a "See ya, thanks," and roll my eyes at my impatient fiancé.

"I wouldn't be hurrying you if you didn't insist on getting your eight hours of sleep." Morgan nags me as she brushes on lipgloss in the mirror.

I place my body next to hers and run some water over my toothbrush.

Sighing, I say, "If you weren't begging me to fuck you all night, I would've gone to sleep a lot earlier."

Morgan drops her jaw and starts to flick water on me, making me laugh and shield myself.

"I was not begging!" She claims. We all know that's a lie. She begged, and I happily obliged.

"Shittttt. Yes you were." I exaggerate, making Morgan laugh.

"I'm not complaining; you want a baby, don't you?" I suggest, pulling her in by the waist.

Morgan smiles at the reflection of us in the mirror and drops her head onto my shoulder.

"After the wedding, of course." she smiles softly, putting her hands over mine to make the shape of a heart.

"That's in, what, three weeks? You won't be showing by then." I remind her, rubbing her belly.

It's hard to imagine Morgan big with a full stomach because she's so small, but I can definitely see her as a mother. I know she'll be a great one, too, I can hardly wait.
We've gone back and forth with the whole baby thing, but now I know we're ready. Actually, I think a baby is exactly what we need - it brings people together. That's another reason I know my parents won't be able to keep their distance for long. What, are they gonna co-grandparent? Give me a break, this divorce is a joke, I'm already waiting for one of them to bring out the hidden camera.

"About that..." Morgan draws, taking in a large puff of air.

"Uh-oh." I fret immediately, thinking nothing good will follow.

She turns to face me head on and her wide eyes dart away from mine.

A faint giggle passes her luscious lips but I'm hardly amused, already crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm okay with pushing back the wedding, I know we already talked about this but there's a lot going on in your -- our -- lives right now, baby, and I don't want you stressed any more than you already are. In fact, I insist. Seriously. It would be selfish of us to celebrate our happy day while everyone important to us is struggling."

"We did talk about this, and the answer was no then, it's no now. Seriously, Morgan, I don't want to talk about this again. It's your big day-"

"Our." she emphasizes, looking me dead in the eyes. "and it won't be the happiest day of my life if no one else is having fun."

"I know you think that, and you're sweet, but no." I insist.

Morgan pushes my hands into my lap and keeps them there forcefully. She looks me deeply in the eyes with a serious gaze that immediately renders me obedient.