|33| Confessions

𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨
﹥━━━━━━━━━━﹤

"Wait!" Morgan's efforts at yelling to get me to stop are hardly effective. I drain her voice out and continue heading towards the door.

Jabari leads the way. Eager— like I said— to get dropped.

How do I want to do it, I ponder. Should I just slam him like the bitch he acted like? Or should I two piece him, I got some anger I can take out? If I choke him—

"What you wanna do, Chris?" He stands unguarded as he dares to ask me that. He must've forgot who I was.

"You and I both know those are fighting words." I remind him, moving out of the direct sunlight so I can see better.

His shoulders shrug. "It's whatever you wanna do," he says with a straight face.

A quick read of his stiff body language tells me he's not looking for a brawl. Jabari is a lot of things: loud, obnoxious, horny, provocative, and while he's ignorant to a lot, he is not dumb enough to square up with me. The asshole might have a few inches on me, but that's all I'll give him. My stamina, high IQ, strength, and speed trump his 6'5".

A loud sigh comes from Morgan who's standing on the stoop, watching this all unfold. I nearly forgot she was even here.

What is she doing here, I'm still confused?

"See," she coos, "you guys don't wanna fight. Just hug it out."

My face cracks first, I'm laughing small as I scratch my eyebrow with my thumb nail, looking down at my feet in these damn Grandpa ass house slippers Morgan got me from Jabari's closet.

I laughed because I can't believe Jabari is gullible enough to think I would drop this. Time passed is not an apology.

Seeing a relieved smirk on his face, I don't let Jabari take another step with his arms out, thinking he's gonna hug me.

I ball my fists so tight, my short nails are digging into my palm.

In the next split second, I drive my fist right into his nose. It's not exactly where I was aiming, but I blacked out for a second, just wanting to hurt him and catch him off guard like he did to me. So much for IQ; this wasn't a decision I put thought into, it just kind of happened.

"Mothafucka'!" Jabari curses, pinching his nose.

"I think you broke my shit." He says, spitting out blood.

I just watch him mumble under his breath for a minute straight, calling me anything from a "cracker motherfucker" to "white son-of-a-bitch."

Once his tirade comes to a close, Jabari's dark brown eyes settle into neutrality. His chest deflates as do his nostrils.

I notice his fists unclench, and jaw.

"We good?" He asks, lanky arms outstretched as if I'm going to be gay and hug him.

My lips curls, I just stare at him blankly.

Ugh.

"Yeah, we're good." I give in but slap his hand away.

Jabari laughs, keeping his head tilted back.

"You didn't have to punch me, though."

"I was gonna hit you regardless." I chuckle, helping him up the steps.

Jabari, arm draped over my shoulders, erupts with that obnoxious ass laugh I haven't heard in months. I'll admit, I kind of missed it.

"Wait, h-hey," I hear Morgan chirp in my ear despite me trying my hardest to act like I didn't see her standing there.