|36| Tate's day out

𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙖𝙣
⊱ ─────────── ⊰

I take another gulp of white wine and then put the glass down to indulge in my bubble bath

Honestly, I've been soaking here for an hour Kind of getting numb. Kind of don't care.

I know I should get out, just like I know I should take care of myself - wax, do my hair, go get a mani/pedi. Frankly, I don't give a fuck. It's an accomplishment that I've even gotten in the bath and put on this avocado face mask.

Once I'm out, I paddle-brush my hair in the mirror.

Sigh.

I slam my hand against the light switch to power them off in the bathroom and throw on some clothes for the day. Nothing special, just an outfit so I can go into society decently today to run errands.

First, a video call with Tish and Brenda.

"—We're happy things are getting better!" Brenda exclaims.

Sitting back in my seat, I nod my head solemnly.

"What's the new date for the wedding, do you have one, yet?" Asks Tish.

I swallow hard. Leg crossed over the other, I stare at my ring and rotate it on my finger with my thumb.

I remove my tongue from my cheek to answer, "Not yet. Busy."

They both nod their heads, buying that the reason the wedding doesn't have a new date is because I'm so preoccupied. I wish that was the case.

Brenda begins to go on about how she can't wait to come to the wedding but a phone call distracts me.

It's Mary.

I roll my eyes, disappointed.

Ignored.

It's not that I don't want to talk to her, it's just that I'm keeping the line open for Annette.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

"Uh, I'm gonna get that, okay?" I say to my old counselors.

"Yes, of course." Brenda says, waving in the camera.

I wave back, standing from the chair.

"Talk soon." Says Tish, letting me end the Zoom meeting finally.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.