|20| This is a sign

𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙖𝙣
⊱ ─────────── ⊰

Time is flying by! It's been another month and while it seems like nothing's gone on, the days just come and go.

Chris is still doing great at work, stalling a project with Lydia who's been less of a pain in my ass than before. I'm still watching her, though. Something just seems off.

Jasmine is fully settled here in Nashville with no plans to return to New York soon. I wouldn't be bitter about this if it meant I could spend time with her, but Tate has her on a short leash. If you ask Chris, though, that's not a bad thing.
Oh, yeah, my best friend and fiancé still aren't on good terms, they both act like the other doesn't exist. It's sad, really, but for the best. The last thing I want is them fighting; I figure they'll get it together before the wedding at least for my sake.

Izzy and Lee regularly update us on our nephew, Kai. He's getting so big, I love him so much. Ugh, every conversation, I invite them over and they always say "soon." Little do they know, I have something planned. Like I said, everyone needs to get it together before the wedding. Since I'm looking to have that in July, I'm planning a little friend-reunion beforehand. You know, just to get the band back together.

God, July is coming faster than I thought - in another four weeks, actually. I'm not getting cold feet, it's just that time is ticking. I have the guest list finalized and invitations ready to be mailed, the menu is all sorted out, the venues are secured, our honeymoon is mapped out to a t, and my dress is almost perfect.

I pick up a string bikini from my drawer and untangle it. Holding it to my body, I model it in the mirror, and wonder. Since I've moved to Nashville, I haven't had the same online presence; wanting to get married and prep my body for a baby, I haven't posted or even taken any risqué pictures. Luckily I maintained my usual audience but the likes have definitely gone down. Chris never cared about my half-naked modeling before, but he's been relieved since I've stopped posting like that.

"Baby, is this sexy?" I ask Chris as he passes by with both green eyes glued to his iPad.

He doesn't even look up to mumble, "Mhm."

I suck my teeth at him, this gets his attention.

Chris, deciding to be attentive suddenly, blinks at me slowly. "Very," he replies.

I smile with satisfaction and toss it into my suitcase.

"Woah." Chris laughs, taking the fabric out of my bag.

I flail my arms. "What, you said it's sexy?"

"That's exactly why you're not taking it. Need I remind you," he emphasizes his words, "this is a business trip."

My eyes roll to the back of my head. "If it's a business trip, then why is Tate going?"

Chris chuckles, throwing his iPad onto the mattress so that he can bicker with me.

"Because," he tries to explain, "he's an investor. Plus it's his dad's lake house."

"Mhm." I reply, not really caring.

Not only is Tate going, but his two brain cells - Jake and Ben. They're all poster children for Frat boys, it's crazy. You know the type, they peaked in college. I think both of their only personality trait is having a trust fund.
Tate's nice but something about him makes my skin crawl. When Chris confronted him about hitting on me at dinner, Tate claimed he was just being kind and that Chris should be flattered someone else finds me attractive. While it's true, I'm beautiful, it just weirds me out coming from Tate - not only is he Chris's friend, but he's Jasmine's, um, boyfriend. Sure, let's go with that.