CHAPTER THIRTY

"If someone puts their hands on you make sure they never put their hands on anybody else again."

Malcom X

Alexsei

"Okay," Caia said, ticking off an item from her grocery list and closing the glass door. "Now we need toilet paper, eggs, salmon, and ... oh, ice cream!"

"Let me show you the superior ice cream flavor, love. It'll make you forget all about that dreadful pistachio," I chuckled sarcastically as I pushed the cart and headed to the frozen aisle, opening the glass door and reaching for a tub.

"Pretzel peanut butter ice cream?" She scoffed. "Who even eats that?"

"Don't knock it till you've tried it, baby. This will transport you to heaven, I promise," I said, with an exaggerated wink, grabbing her chin and dropping a kiss on her lips.

She rolled her eyes and put it in our cart but still opened the glass door and reached for her favorite pistachio ice cream, "Just in case."

Of course.

"So," I said, trailing after her through the aisles as she stopped multiple times to grab items from her list. "How does it feel to graduate with honors? Didn't know my little wife was such a brainiac, or I'd have tied the knot sooner."

She laughed softly, her cheeks reddening slightly as a coy smile played on her glossy lips, "Finally glad to be done with uni, the stress was killing me."

She finally had her graduation two days ago, wearing a lovely yellow dress, a beautiful smile, and subtle tears in her eyes.

My little witch looked like a fairy that day.

So pretty, so radiant.

And all mine.

"I'm damn proud of you, love. Can't wait for you to open the gallery and show off your art."

She's been at it for a few weeks now, either scouting models or heading out into nature to snap some shots, always in black and white. She even asked me to be her model again, but I kindly declined. I wanted her to step out of her comfort zone and really feel proud of her own work.

"Well," she began, dropping a pack of toilet paper in our cart. "You still have to wait a bit, I'm not fully prepared."

"You will soon. Don't worry," I reassured her as we made our way to the cashier. "Remind me again why we're doing our own grocery shopping? I pay people to do that, love."

She laughed, shaking her head. "Because it's fun!"

"Fun?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Yes, it is! I like to spend time with you, Lexi, even if we're doing the most mundane things," she winked.

I chuckled, teasingly running a hand through my hair. "Well, who could resist spending time with this face, right?" I flashed her a cocky grin.

Caia scoffed, her eyes dancing with amusement. "Please. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I'm only with you out of pity. I mean, look at you!" She gestured dramatically to my face, feigning horror. "It's like I'm doing community service by being seen with you in public."

I paused, placing a hand over my heart and pretending to be wounded. "And here I thought you were still with me because of my stunning face and amazing dick."

Her mouth dropped open in shock and she glanced around before playfully shoving me. "Stop it, someone might hear you!"

"Ain't it the truth though?" I teased, grabbing her hips and planting a kiss on her neck as she giggled and tried to wriggle away, eventually darting out of the store.