CHAPTER TWELVE (+18)

"One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else."

K.L. Toth

Alexsei

I winced while removing the bandages encircling my hands, carefully examining the wounded and reddened skin that actually looked better than it did yesterday.

God damn Caia, with her soft emerald eyes, those lips like ripe cherries soaked in wine, and that body of hers... 

I splashed cold water on my face, attempting to shake off the thoughts, but it was futile.

I had no fucking clue about last night—why she fought tooth and nail to resist me, and then, in an instant, she relented, only to stand frozen as if she'd seen a ghost, trembling uncontrollably.

I wanted to dig deeper, to understand why she reacted that way, but her refusal to meet my eyes and her eagerness to leave quickly made me stop.

Something was clearly off with her, and a part of me cursed myself for giving a fuck about her well-being.

She was supposed to be just a quick fuck, Alexsei! Damn it!

As I shook my head, memories of her still clouding my mind, I strolled into my living room, scanning the space.

Among the remnants of the evening, only our glasses remained on the table.

Moving closer, I picked up the one Caia had used, noting a faint trace of her rosy lipstick. Succumbing to an impulse, I aligned my lips exactly where hers had left their mark on the glass, savoring the lingering taste of her presence in the last drops of water.

Too weary to return to the Manoir and unwilling to navigate the hour-long drive through the snowy forest, I resigned myself to staying the night.

But sleep just wouldn't find me; my mind was a whirlwind, flipping between clear memories and made-up scenes, all about Caia.

Fucking Caia Mankiev.

I'll make sure to bring out real handcuffs next time, holding her until she promises never to deny me again and to kiss me just like she did last night.

Shutting my eyes, I'm transported back, feeling her lips on mine, our tongues entwined in a fucking sensual dance, and the way she'd playfully bite my lip before soothing it.

Fuck, she got me all fired up so quickly, kissing me like I held the cure to all her pain.

It felt like she'd waited an eternity for my touch, every move, every moment electric between us.

And those fucking sounds she made, those desperate moans, fuck, they begged for my kisses, and she'd just surrender when I'd suck on her tongue again and again and again.

I've got a load of dirty things I want to do to her, and I stand by what I said last night. 

All I wanted was to make her cum, to bring her to an orgasm that would forever tie her to me and only me.

Tie? What the fuck is wrong with you, Alexsei?

I needed to get laid, and I needed it right now. 

Caia messed with my head, casting some damn spell on me. 

Attachment? Screw that. 

I despised how women turned clingy after sex, always trailing and begging for more.