CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Sometimes you take all my words away from me."

Amie Kaufman

Caia

I shifted in bed, the weight of my blanket feeling ten times more comforting and snug than usual.

Embracing my pillow tighter, I felt its rhythmic rise and fall until a sudden realization made me freeze.

I was holding onto a body.

My heart raced in my chest, a feeling of horror creeping in.

"Go back to sleep, love. It's only two in the morning."

I exhaled, opening my eyes to find a smirking Alexsei, fully clothed, my leg and arm wrapped around his body.

I was still topless, my nipples brushing against his shirt, a stirring warmth awakening between my legs.

"Sorry, must've knocked out," I mumbled.

"Yeah, I made you cum so hard you passed out."

Heat rushed to my cheeks, and I buried my face in the curve of his neck.

"Don't go all shy on me now, love," he chuckled, his hand stroking my bare back. "I fucking loved it."

Shaking my head, I chuckled softly, a yawn slipping from my mouth as I released him and shifted to sleep on my other side.

He promptly spooned me, his right arm encircling my waist, his hand cupping one of my breasts.

I hummed contentedly, snuggling closer to him.

It was odd, feeling relaxed and... safe, despite being beside someone with such a dangerous reputation.

A shiver ran down my arms briefly at the thought, but it faded fast as his lips traced along my neck and ear.

I could feel him hard against my ass, and I instinctively clenched my legs, trying to contain the warmth building between them.

Suddenly recalling what he had coaxed out of me earlier, admitting my desire to sleep with him, my cheeks flushed hot.

I murmured softly, "Anything I said when we... I didn't mean it-"

Before I could finish, he chuckled, his grip on my breast tightening slightly. "Oh, don't try to take your words back now, Caia. It's far too late for that."

As I fell quiet, his touch eased away from my breast, his fingers drawing lazy circles between them and skimming over my stomach.

It was oddly soothing, and I felt myself slipping into a drowsy state, eyelids growing heavy.

Just as I hovered on the edge of sleep, I sensed his lips brushing the sensitive skin behind my ear.

"But I need you to be mine before I can fuck you, Caia."

I slipped into sleep, only to wake up hours later to find the bed empty and cold, him long gone.

🜊

"So, how was your date with Mr. Prince Charming?" Valeria's question interrupted my task of sorting out medication for the patients' lunch.

I glanced at her, puzzled. "What are you talking about?"

"Your date?" Valeria's confusion mirrored my own. "With your tall, muscular, drop-dead gorgeous boyfriend with blue eyes."